When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #143679  by jkstraw
 Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:28 pm
Having used a number of different interfaces - I recommend the MOTU hybrid Ultralite. Really flexible I/O routing some built in DSP and can be used stand alone if needed.

Would prefer the RME UFX but for about 30% the cost (used) I'd go with the Ultralite.

Good luck!
 #143680  by jkstraw
 Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:28 pm
Having used a number of different interfaces - I recommend the MOTU hybrid Ultralite. Really flexible I/O routing some built in DSP and can be used stand alone if needed.

Would prefer the RME UFX but for about 30% the cost (used) I'd go with the Ultralite.

Good luck!
 #143681  by justcol
 Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:03 pm
Only based on personal experience, but I had great results with the m-audio 2496: however it's an older card so don't know if it's still in production!! They're also pretty slow in releasing and updating drivers, which is worth bearing in mind when researching. If you're after a stop gap and just starting with digital/PC recording, you may want to checkout http://www.asio4all.com/ which installs an asio driver on your existing soundcard which means you can control latency issues on recording and playback. Not perfect but it's free.

Hope this helps,

Col
 #143686  by myoung6923
 Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 pm
Presonus makes a very good line of audio interfaces - both USB and firewire. I've had really good luck with them. The M-Audio ones have also been very good.