When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #142850  by Arminius
 Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:46 am
I'm expanding the rig and looking for something a little different. Maybe even something that sounds like absolute shit. Any out-of-this-world pedals coming to mind?

Google searching afforded me some hilarious results. When my budget permits I will most definitely be acquiring a Scrotum Smasher. http://www.umop.com/tm7.htm

Show me your favorites!
 #142853  by TI4-1009
 Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:23 am
I already have enough pedals that sound like shit.....
 #142864  by WilliamC
 Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 pm
I built a Gristleizer a few years back. Ended up giving it to a co-worker into industrial stuff. I'm pretty sure I have another PCB if you want to build one.

That's about as weird as I've ever gotten, though I do have an almost fully populated board set for a Ludwig Phase II clone that I'll probably never get the energy to finish. The wiring is, ummm, challenging.
 #144829  by pickngrin
 Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 pm
I like my Shaky Jimi pedal. It's an oddball I got for some Trey-ish Uni-Vibe sounds and it does do a pretty good job with that, but with an annoying volume drop when it kicks in. (Some pre-planning and quick knob twiddling does make it work on the fly.) It also has a "chorus" mode that sounds more like my Phase 100 than a chorus. I've used it as a phaser on Dear Prudence, etc. when I was trying to save board space and it sound good--not on the money, but okay enough. Oddly enough, there is no volume drop in this mode.
 #144852  by tigerstrat
 Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:23 am
Has to be the Moog MURF filter. The Sub-Decay Prometheus yields hours of entertainment as well.
 #144870  by tigerstrat
 Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 am
seamones wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:Has to be the Moog MURF filter. The Sub-Decay Prometheus yields hours of entertainment as well.
welcome back
Hey thanks!