When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #7100  by Benthegoodbum

Ok first off, why isn't there just a miscelaneous(sp?) section to the forums? Second...have you ever been just so far gone that you just think that the drugs/booze just totally isn't worth it? I went to a grad party last night and I just got home as the sun rose. I was so effin drunk that I ended up punching my friend a few times(long story). I often think that I am about done with getting drunk or really high off of drugs then I go and do it again. I think after this incident I am going to take it easy for a while and go through life sober. Have you ever gotten to that point and stuck to your word?

#7105  by wisedyes

Well, although I myself have never had that sort of relationship with drugs or alcohol, I guess my advice to you would be the following.

Everything in moderation. If you are doing something to the point where IT, and not YOU, is in control, then that is a problem you need to address. I have never had any real love for hard drug use, all you have to do is look at what it does to people, families, and communities, but things like weed or booze aren't bad IN MODERATION.

One other thing I will say about booze, though, is it seems to serve as an amplifier to me. If there is already a bad or weird situation present, the addition of the alcohol into the mix will just make it umpteen times worse.

Good luck to you, this is never an easy thing for people to deal with.

#7107  by spilly

I've been there myself man. I cut cut back. Haven't been to a bar in 6 months, I still drink and smoke, but I find I enjoy a milder buzz these days. Nothing wrong with a few beers after work.

The other day I did indeed party till dawn though. It was a celebration of my new bands first gig, but we all crashed at my drummers house, eveyone was safe and no weirdness existes between us, so it was a good time, but It is also a rare thing to do for me these days.

you can gain control still, your young. But you have to act on your words. nothing will change if you yourself don't change first.

Good Luck brother, life is what you make it.

#7109  by Benthegoodbum

I guess I should explain the situation that led to me punching my friend. I definitely wouldn't have gotten to this point sober but there were other very effed up circumstances. See I was at the point where I was just laying on the ground and just wanted to be left alone while I went through the motions of vomiting and getting my head to stop spinning. Now for a while people left me alone, but then at some point a kid threw a cup of beer at me and I got pissed and started yelling at the kid to just apologize but no one would own up to it. Then about 10 minutes later another kid threw a beer at me and it hit me right in the head so that just added to my being pissed off. Then people started coming up to me asking if I was ok and all that and I was cool with them doing that. Then one of my drunk friends gave me a kick in the back but just like a playful little thing, though it didn't hurt it did indeed fuel the fire. This is when my other friend said jokingly screw him or something to that extent and he came over and kicked me a couple times. That was just the straw that broke the camels back and I flipped out on him. Even though I was trashed I was up in a second and running right over to where he just sat down. I threw him to the ground then punched him in the face three times and then kicked him. After that I just walked away because it made me sick what I did physically and mentally. Now everything is pretty much cool with the kid but in retrospect I really wish it hadn't been him that I did that to. So theres my story...maybe that will help you to understand the situation I was in last night.

#7116  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Sounds to me like you are still young enough to have nights like the one you described. I have certainly been there myself, though I haven't been face down in my own vomit in quite some time. As party people, we age like a fine wine and you will get to the point where you can go out, have a good time, drink, smoke some weed and have an episode free evening. I give you a lot of credit for not decking the first guy that threw a beer on you. This might not go over well with some people on this forum but there are people out there in life who deserve to get punched once in a while and maybe your friend is one of them. But just don't get your ass kicked when you are drunk, a lot of people have gotten really hurt flexing their beer muscles. If you have a tendency towards being a violent drunk, then you should definitely consider not drinking at all. As someone before me said in this thread, watch out for smoking when you are piss drunk. All weed can do at that point is make you dizzy, nauseated, or worse the combo of both. Many times in college I made the mistake of bong hits before bed while I was wasted on booze. Bed spins pretty much every time. Here is my current advice. Stop smoking weed, maybe the occasional joint, or binger but you should really invest in a vaporizer. I prefer to vaporize and pretty much a have retired my beautiful bong. Vaporizing is much healthier for you, and it is pretty much all THC which means a cleaner buzz, you will smoke so much less, there is virtually no paranoia and all of that. Not to mention that you can vaporize in your living room and if someone came in 3 minutes later, they would never smell it at all. Vaporizing is really the way to go. Moderation is the key to everything in life. IF you can go a few days without a drink or craving a drink, or a week, then you ought not worry on being an alcoholic and you should give yourself the green light to drink it up once in a while. Look at it like this, all you did was punch your friend. Haven't we all? Would have been a lot worse if you had gotten behind the wheel and crashed your car. Don't be so hard on yourself, to err is human.