When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #111561  by wolftigerrosebud
 Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 pm
Reports from groupies:

"Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead is said to have incorporated donuts, cheese-wiz and Big Macs in his backstage hookups, according to several groupies who were with him in the early 90s. "Jerry had a big cock," says one of them, "but he always wanted me to lick Cheese-Wiz off it - it was kinda weird". Meanwhile, Bob Weir had a reputation for being a ladies man, but in private "He just kept playing recordings of Bobby and the Midnites, and would say things like, 'Do you like this song?? Why isn't this a huge hit?'" "

Ahahahahaha that shit is hysterical
 #111563  by hippieguy1954
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:44 am
Octal wrote:Have any of you guys ever finished a thought before you began thinking it?
Yes, right before I thought I forgot. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111564  by hippieguy1954
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:49 am
wolftigerrosebud wrote:Reports from groupies:

"Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead is said to have incorporated donuts, cheese-wiz and Big Macs in his backstage hookups, according to several groupies who were with him in the early 90s. "Jerry had a big cock," says one of them, "but he always wanted me to lick Cheese-Wiz off it - it was kinda weird". Meanwhile, Bob Weir had a reputation for being a ladies man, but in private "He just kept playing recordings of Bobby and the Midnites, and would say things like, 'Do you like this song?? Why isn't this a huge hit?'" "

Ahahahahaha that shit is hysterical
Yes it is! And Bobby was a corn ball if there ever was one. I remember thinking to myself, at many a show, when Bobby was going on and on with some vocal disaster....shut the fuck up BOB! :lol:
 #111565  by Tony6Strings
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:16 am
"LSD is a drug that causes insanity in people who have not taken it." -Timothy Leary
 #111573  by wolftigerrosebud
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:57 am
Hey, that was nice and pointed! I just tried to careen this thread off its tracks because I was tired of reading the negative, judgmental crap that was going on (and because attempts at compassion weren't seeming to make a difference for the people for whom they were intended). :lol: But please, if y'all want more of that, don't let me stop you. Let the thread return from nonsense to Debbie Downer mode.
 #111574  by Octal
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:17 am
wolftigerrosebud just failed the acid test.

Oh wait...so did I.
 #111576  by wolftigerrosebud
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:02 am
LOL too true man

but we're not on acid. the real test is being able to do it in everyday life with our loved ones and acquaintances. that's why i'm not going to post in this subforum at all anymore. :lol:
 #111578  by Octal
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:22 am
The Dead had a segment every show for meandering free-form music ("Space"), therefore this forum should have a thread for meandering free-form discussion. I would start such a thread, but I have a feeling it would fall faster than a lead zeppelin (...or maybe not?).

It's difficult for something truly sublime to happen in normal conversations anyway.
 #111580  by hippieguy1954
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:18 am
Octal wrote:The Dead had a segment every show for meandering free-form music ("Space"), therefore this forum should have a thread for meandering free-form discussion. I would start such a thread, but I have a feeling it would fall faster than a lead zeppelin (...or maybe not?).

It's difficult for something truly sublime to happen in normal conversations anyway.
Normal? what is that? :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111583  by wolftigerrosebud
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:05 am
Octal wrote:The Dead had a segment every show for meandering free-form music ("Space"), therefore this forum should have a thread for meandering free-form discussion. I would start such a thread, but I have a feeling it would fall faster than a lead zeppelin (...or maybe not?).

It's difficult for something truly sublime to happen in normal conversations anyway.
I'm actually part of a different forum where the majority of people retain a totally positive, accepting, and free-form feel. When negativity arises, we all respond to it with love. It's a virtuous cycle. This forum has struck me as surprisingly tight-assed for a forum about the Grateful Dead. All three threads I've participated in in this "Everything Else" subforum have quickly devolved into bickering, haughty opinions, and separateness, despite other people's efforts to respond to these things with compassion and acceptance.

Every forum has its own feel. If members don't make an effort to keep things positive, there's going to be negativity, like what happened in this thread with individual people being called out (I'm indirectly calling that guy out right now LOL) and lots of judgment and shit. So whatever, I'm just gonna go to that other forum and keep using this one for the valuable technical info. This section of it blows, and my attempts at influencing it positively have either failed or been totally ignored. :lol:
 #111586  by hippieguy1954
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:44 pm
wolftigerrosebud wrote:
Octal wrote:The Dead had a segment every show for meandering free-form music ("Space"), therefore this forum should have a thread for meandering free-form discussion. I would start such a thread, but I have a feeling it would fall faster than a lead zeppelin (...or maybe not?).

It's difficult for something truly sublime to happen in normal conversations anyway.
I'm actually part of a different forum where the majority of people retain a totally positive, accepting, and free-form feel. When negativity arises, we all respond to it with love. It's a virtuous cycle. This forum has struck me as surprisingly tight-assed for a forum about the Grateful Dead. All three threads I've participated in in this "Everything Else" subforum have quickly devolved into bickering, haughty opinions, and separateness, despite other people's efforts to respond to these things with compassion and acceptance.

Every forum has its own feel. If members don't make an effort to keep things positive, there's going to be negativity, like what happened in this thread with individual people being called out (I'm indirectly calling that guy out right now LOL) and lots of judgment and shit. So whatever, I'm just gonna go to that other forum and keep using this one for the valuable technical info. This section of it blows, and my attempts at influencing it positively have either failed or been totally ignored. :lol:
I don't see or feel any hostility! Maybe a couple of pranksters! All in good fun, man. Maybe you are reflecting on yourself? :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111591  by beaner
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:01 pm
Many hits ago the community of the Grateful Dead had the feeling or appearance of love for one another and really became a body of inspired living. Then the drug of choice shifted from pot/acid/wine to cocaine, heroine, and Heineken. So an observation of Grateful Dead history embodies both positive and negative discussion and so does everyday life.
Let your positive disposition, your love, be unconditional and relentless. We all need to be who we are at all times, regardless of what we are not.

Two buses -- Bozo & Bolo
 #111595  by wolftigerrosebud
 Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:41 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
wolftigerrosebud wrote:
Octal wrote:The Dead had a segment every show for meandering free-form music ("Space"), therefore this forum should have a thread for meandering free-form discussion. I would start such a thread, but I have a feeling it would fall faster than a lead zeppelin (...or maybe not?).

It's difficult for something truly sublime to happen in normal conversations anyway.
I'm actually part of a different forum where the majority of people retain a totally positive, accepting, and free-form feel. When negativity arises, we all respond to it with love. It's a virtuous cycle. This forum has struck me as surprisingly tight-assed for a forum about the Grateful Dead. All three threads I've participated in in this "Everything Else" subforum have quickly devolved into bickering, haughty opinions, and separateness, despite other people's efforts to respond to these things with compassion and acceptance.

Every forum has its own feel. If members don't make an effort to keep things positive, there's going to be negativity, like what happened in this thread with individual people being called out (I'm indirectly calling that guy out right now LOL) and lots of judgment and shit. So whatever, I'm just gonna go to that other forum and keep using this one for the valuable technical info. This section of it blows, and my attempts at influencing it positively have either failed or been totally ignored. :lol:
I don't see or feel any hostility! Maybe a couple of pranksters! All in good fun, man. Maybe you are reflecting on yourself? :smile: :smile: :smile:
lol dude it's so phony how you put those smiley face emoticons after you say something really pointed and nasty like that. just reeks of disingenuity.

are you kidding? you don't see or feel any hostility? c'mon dude, that's a bald-faced lie. the only rational reason to have said something like that is to be able to justify the logic of telling me i'm projecting in the next sentence. unless you just forgot about it or something, which i don't really buy; there's been negativity all over this thread. a couple of pages ago there was that guy talking about what a bunch of squares/assholes we all were and how he'd really really hate to trip with us. i quote: "'I'm pretty sure taking acid with everybody thats posted on this thread would lead to a "bad trip". Or like a personal trip to hell. Except wolftigerrosebud. I sense understanding of a powerful key in that one."

That's... uh... that's not negative to you? lol. Fuckin' a, dude. How much more negative must it get than someone telling you that being around you in when they were in a sensitive and open state of mind would be like a personal trip to hell for them? Wow. I don't have to project to see any negativity in that. It kind of jumps out at you, no?

great post beaner.

At least when Burns was posting his shit it was honestly negative. It wasn't negativity wrapped in bullshit. Negativity is just a part of life, and though I don't particularly relish it and try to avoid it when I can, I accept it for what it is. But I find lies offensive. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Anyway, this is getting fucking ridiculous. Done participating in or looking at this thread. What a failure! But I'll learn from my mistakes. Pick the people with whom I choose to engage more carefully...