When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #172084  by lbpesq

Boy, it’s sure been quiet around here lately! Well I need a place to vent, so this will do. I had to cancel my regular Wednesday night rehearsal because I was cutting up some carrots this morning, wasn’t paying enough attention, slipped, and sliced my left ring finger. It took about 30 minutes of pressure to stop the bleeding, but it finally closed up and at least I avoided the ER and stitches. But I still feel like a dumbass and don’t think I’ll be playing for a few days. It makes one reflect on how much I enjoy playing and how easily the ability to do so can slip away.

Bill, tgo

Extra credit for IDing the guitar.
 #172085  by Jon S.

Oy! It hurts just to view your hand in that pic. I'm so sorry about the slip up. If it's any consolation, we've all slipped up and cut a finger or two at some point. The worst for me was in the mid-80's when I jammed and broke my pinky on my fretting hand playing basketball. The break was serious. On doctor's orders, I didn't even pick up a guitar for 4 months afterwards, in addition to missing the rest of the men's league season. My pinky is still permanently bent, but fortunately in a manner that no longer impacts my playing.
lbpesq liked this
 #172088  by Gr8fulCadi

Yikes!!! Sorry to hear that. I got my degree in Culinary arts and worked the field for many years. I much prefer cooking for my family on the holidays than cooking for others and AWAY from my family on the holidays. So now I do HVAC for a living.

Of all the cuts I suffered when I was starting out, I’ve never been cut on that part of my finger. Keep them fingers curled in and away from the blade and always stay focused when cutting.

Did ya sneeze while cutting the carrot? :biggrin:
Get well soon!!
 #172090  by lbpesq

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:46 pm Yikes!!! Sorry to hear that. I got my degree in Culinary arts and worked the field for many years. I much prefer cooking for my family on the holidays than cooking for others and AWAY from my family on the holidays. So now I do HVAC for a living.

Of all the cuts I suffered when I was starting out, I’ve never been cut on that part of my finger. Keep them fingers curled in and away from the blade and always stay focused when cutting.

Did ya sneeze while cutting the carrot? :biggrin:
Get well soon!!

I had numerous restaurant jobs in my past and do all the cooking at home. (My wife does all the cleaning ... I’ll make that deal any day!) I was trying to slice big carrots lengthwise. The fingers curved method doesn’t work for that. I was just in a rush and not paying enough attention. Like I said above, a dumbass move, as there is no excuse for being in a rush while using a knife.

ac4468 wrote:Is that a Hamer or something out of Matsumoto?

Close. From the Yamaki factory, around ‘78-‘83.

Bill, tgo
ac4468 liked this