When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #172076  by Jon S.

Serious question - if it's so rare and desirable, why isn't it selling?
 #172077  by Jon S.

My question is so tough it's shut down RUKIND entirely for 3 days!
 #172079  by strumminsix

My estimation on why it's not selling might be a combination of"
1. played by BW w/o a COA or photo or anything
2. bigsbys are notorious for being a PITA
3. i'd be curious if the trem was factory or not and if not, what bracing is underneath
 #172080  by Jon S.

It can be hard to tell about trems. Take this guitar of mine, my first electric that my dad bought me in '69 and I still own, a lovely '67 Made In Sweden Hagstrom Viking I. The trem looks stock for the guitar because it truly is a rarely available, authentic, made-by-Bigsby-for-Hagstrom Hagstrom-labled trem. But it did not come stock on the guitar, I copped the trem NOS and added it to the guitar a couple of decades later.

(Note also the asymmetrical PUP surrounds -- that's because, like an idiot, in college, I routed the top for humbuckers and had to fix later upon returning the original single coils [which are wonderful, BTW, they can hold their own with vintage Gretsch single coils). :oops: )

#172081  by mkaufman

strumminsix wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:11 pm My estimation on why it's not selling might be a combination of"
1. played by BW w/o a COA or photo or anything
2. bigsbys are notorious for being a PITA
3. i'd be curious if the trem was factory or not and if not, what bracing is underneath
To clarify: Rich Lasner's guitar, which sold, was played by Weir. The guitar currently for sale was not played by Weir.

ace
strumminsix liked this