When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #166421  by ChinaCatMatt

I thought his tone was fuller with that bean when I was checking out something from a show the other day not his usual thinner sound he gets when playing the prs clean. That bean sounded great. Bobby still had that knife sharpener sound though i don’t like when they are both in the really trebly range Bobby already has that space John.
Pointclear liked this
 #166426  by jgraum

jmal wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:43 am what tune(s) did he play it on?
China>Rider ......Nassau night 1

Great tone. Bigger and rounder than the PRS. Although, at times, It seemed like he fought the neck just a little bit. Regardless, I really loved to see and hear the Travis Bean. Plus, the black looks so cool. It was almost invisible.
ChinaCatMatt liked this
 #166427  by ChinaCatMatt

Yeah it was the chinacat>rider from the first show. Not sure why I didn’t mention that the first time around. But he’s played it on a bunch of stuff. It’s cools to see for sure.
jgraum liked this
 #166429  by jgraum

He played it again last night in Hampton (night 1)...the Estimated Prophet is especially great with the Bean. It appeared in several other songs as well throughout the evening. Shakedown was another wonderful one. The Bean really loves the Mutron and Mayer was ultra smooth each time he picked it up.
ChinaCatMatt liked this
 #166438  by ChinaCatMatt

I don’t know what the output of those pups in the bean is but that’s probably hitting that envelope hard. I’d assume he’s using a mutron but I’m not sure. Hence the nice sounds for shakedown and prophet. I haven’t had a chance to listen to the full shows yet. But I definitely like the tone he’s getting with the bean over the prs.
jgraum liked this
 #166441  by lightningbolt

ChinaCatMatt wrote:I don’t know what the output of those pups in the bean is but that’s probably hitting that envelope hard. I’d assume he’s using a mutron but I’m not sure. Hence the nice sounds for shakedown and prophet. I haven’t had a chance to listen to the full shows yet. But I definitely like the tone he’s getting with the bean over the prs.
Mayer uses a Qtron+
jgraum, Pointclear liked this
 #166442  by tcsned

I saw his roadie messing with it Saturday in Hampton but he never brought it out.