#140045  by pickngrin

Just an FYI--This is my first outing with a Fender Custom Shop 69 as the middle pup. I know a lot of people have been mulling over the quality of single coils for this position and I went with the advice of the esteemed Waldo when he posted somewhere back in the eons of this board that the 69 had good specs to get at that tone we all know and love. Overall, I like the CS 69 as an improvement over the stock pickup in my MIM Strat. It has a more defined Fender sound that is consistent across the strings. (The stock pup seemed to be weak on the high E.) I'm going into a Blues Jr. on this recording and you can probably hear a bit of the burr as this amp touches the top of its headroom at times. At any rate, we were having a blast and the recording came out nicely so I hope you can give a listen.
 #140047  by tcsned

I listened to TLEO and you guys sound great. Guitar tone is killer, the keyboardist sounds great, nice vocals too. I'll listen to the rest when I get some time. Well done!!
 #140048  by beaner

Gracias tcsned! After the first set we all chowed down well needed food, feeling a bit under-fueled in the first set. We showed up with our recording PA(luckily), the PA provided was great for an acoustic type band set-up but would have been a challenge for a five piece electric. The R-guitarist is also a recording(Mr. Miyagi)always pulling double duty with smiles, smiles, smiles. He's a true Sound Mensch!
 #140942  by pickngrin

Patrick Strain wrote:Nice. I know this thread is a little old, but it's good to see some locals on the board. I've caught you guys at the Oneonta Theater and at the B-Side before.
Hey Patrick,

Not old, just properly aged. :lol: Glad to hear that you've caught us a time or two and gave the recording a listen. Thanks!
We're going to be playing for the CANO fest thing on Deitz Street October 13th, so maybe we'll see ya there.

Cheers,

Rich

www Facebook.com/ThePhakers