#171340  by wabisabied

Anybody in NW Oregon want to jam?

I’ve gotten back to hosting jams at my place out in the woods of Yamhill County, just south of the Washington County line, near the towns of Gaston and Yamhill.

Not looking to be a tribute or cover band, just jam in the spirit of the Grateful Dead and similar/parallel influences. Rock/blues/jazz/reggae/funk... Basically looking to get communally creative around a groove where everyone listens and pays as much attention to the spaces as the notes. I don’t mind playing some songs, but I’m not looking to work things out here like it’s band practice. Really just want to cut loose and explore with like-minded folks. So, you know, we’re not going to pull off a St.Stephen, but maybe a Scarlet->Fire jam.

I play guitar, rhythm and lead, and am happy to share the duties. Not a pro, but not a complete hack. Also do okay on bass, and can keep time on the drums. Been in a few bands over the years, but we always practiced a lot more than we gigged.

I have a drum set, PA , a couple mics and a few amps, all set up in an old open-ended tin shed/garage for the summer months.

For a taste of things, you can listen to some old jams and home studio tracks at my Soundcloud page in sig, below.

Anyone?
Tennessee Jedi liked this