#165427  by planetone3

Looking for muscians interested in jamming Grateful Dead in the Albany-Troy NY area. Need to fill out the bobby, jerry roles with guitar players that have experience and know the parts. Vocal a plus, will add a donna role if the harmony fits.
 #172656  by Jon S.

Don't laugh! I've had good luck here in No. VA using Craigslist. Sure, you get a lot of chaff, but I've found some solid kernels weeding through it.
 #172657  by lbpesq

+1 on Craigslist still being a good way to hook up with other musicians. I tend to stay away from social media, so I don’t know how effective that is compared to Craigslist. Of course I’m in the Bay Area, where there are a lot of musicians.

Bill, tgo
 #172658  by Darkstar860

Ill be in the Catskill area of NY in a few months. I know its not Albany, but ive been playing for about 25 years and have performed onstage and done tours with some members of the Dead, JGB, Ratdog and New Riders. I took some of the past few years off after suffering a bad shoulder injury that I had surgery for finally this past Dec. I can do Jerry stuff very well, as well as my voice is pretty close to Bobbys. Would love to find some musicians to jam with when I get up to NY in late May or early June. Let me know, I know youve prob found some musicians to jam with, but thought id still throw this out there. :-)

-Walt B