#147689  by Emoto

So, the last 2+ years, I have been playing guitar in a jazz trio (sometimes quartet) with a stand up bass and piano, a drummer being the sometimes 4th. I like it and have learned a lot, but still have an itch to play some good old grateful dead, and maybe some other "classic" rock.

I have a practice room with PA and keys, and my Jerry rig sitting in it.

Am tempted to start up some kind of jam sessions that could lead to the odd gig here and there. No kind of heavy schedule or anything.

Anyone interested?
 #149868  by Searing75

I'm in the same boat, but live in redneck land NY, so no Dead for me. Ugh! It's all metal and country out here. I'm stuck here until my eleven year old goes off to colleg, than, pending a job, I plan on moving back to the Albany area. Anyway, sorry. Venting. Good luck Emoto!
 #149871  by Emoto

Searing75 wrote:I'm in the same boat, but live in redneck land NY, so no Dead for me. Ugh! It's all metal and country out here. I'm stuck here until my eleven year old goes off to colleg, than, pending a job, I plan on moving back to the Albany area. Anyway, sorry. Venting. Good luck Emoto!
Bummer. Keep looking! NYS has plenty of deadheads. The popularity of metal baffles me.
 #153035  by Kippo

Emoto wrote:Anyone new in SE MA? Or is it still crickets....
I'm living in Western Mass right now. I'd be down to travel over there every once in a while to Jam for a day or two.

I'm still a beginner at guitar (IMO) but I can do basic rhythm with the essential Dead tunes. Maybe you could even show me a few things to help me improve! :lol:

Hope to hear from you soon!