#118967  by Dwarf Rat

Go to Tiburon and visit Schoenberg guitars. Eric has the best acoustic guitars in the Marin County area. He also has an Alembic Garcia Tribute.

Heading east on 24, you will find Mighty Fine Guitars in Lafayette. Everything in the shop is superb.
 #118971  by Adam Deckard

Thanks! I visited the Haight Ashbury of course, and was disappointed to say the least. I was expecting to see an old historic area of town with not much going on there and remnants of a time long since passed.... Not so much. All smoke shops and tshirt sales and hipster clothing stores and even a ben and jerrys ice cream on the corner of haight and ashbury it was like the whole area has been turned into one big profit generating tourist pit to sell a piece of the 60s to anyone traveling in the area... I made my way up to 710 Ashbury and was surprised that in the 45 mins/hr that I was sitting there taking it all in on the stoop out front, not a single other person of the giant mob of humans on haight street had come up to check it out. It kind of put things into perspective in reference to the average touring, tie dye wearing, wildly clothed young people and their knowledge about the history of the area in general or should I say lack thereof..

I will definately check out those guitar shops tomorrow or monday before I take off back to grass valley where my family and I are moving... its about three hours from here although I think It would be much faster if we parked outside of town and rode the BART. It will be incredible to plug in a tribute guitar!

Does anyone else have any good advice on dead related must sees in the area?? Is there still a magoos pizza parlor? l
 #118976  by Dwarf Rat

You can take the Tiburon ferry from SF. When you land, walk up the street to your left past the restaurants up the hill. There is a row of quaint shops where you will find Schoenberg's.

Take the BART to Lafayette. Get off and walk under the freeway into town. Go straight through the intersection past the restaurants and tea house. Mighty Fine Guitars is on your left across the parking lot.
 #118979  by mutant_dan

You just got to poke around.. Do google search on the Airplane house and Janis's house. They are close to the Haight. Then head over the bridge and check out Terrapin Crossing, Front Street, the Deads old office building in Marin ( old funky house).
 #119165  by Adam Deckard

Thanks for the info guys i checked out it all and had a great time. Goinh to the show at shoreline this weekend and wondering if anyone would want to carpool or meet up on shakedown before the show?