DAC

#168607  by Lychak51

Looking to copy FLAC files onto CD or Tape, what do you guys recommend for a DAC? Guy at my stereo shop recommended the Audio Quest Cobalt Dragonfly but its 400 bones, anything out there at a more reasonable price point or is this really the one I need?
 #168680  by Jon S.

4 C notes seems pretty reasonable to me for a DAC. But is it a one-time project? If yes, it might be more cost effective for you to do it using software such as https://dvdcreator.wondershare.com/ or pay a service to do it for you.
Lychak51 liked this
 #168688  by tdcrjeff

Guess I don't understand why you need a DAC to put FLACs onto CDs or why you would want to put FLACs onto tape.
strumminsix liked this
 #168692  by TI4-1009

tdcrjeff wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 pm Guess I don't understand why you need a DAC to put FLACs onto CDs or why you would want to put FLACs onto tape.
Yeah, I used to burn FLACs onto CDs with just about any old media software. I think I used to use Roxio.
phpbb liked this
 #168824  by Lychak51

Thanks! Have a great OG Analog pioneer system with a deck, love putting tapes on to listen, not wired up for digital here nor really interested
 #168827  by strumminsix

Do you but the amount of energy you'll put into finding people who are still trading, mailing, trading, copying, verifying, waiting, etc will be crazy.

Live Music Archive on your phone, whatever output you have on your phone to RCA and plug right into your home stereo system.

Do it all the time....
phpbb liked this
 #168834  by somedirection

strumminsix wrote:Do you but the amount of energy you'll put into finding people who are still trading, mailing, trading, copying, verifying, waiting, etc will be crazy.
+1 gone are the days.....but they were some really really fun days.....just gave away the last 75 tapes (OK...to be honest...there are still about 15-20 tapes I kept and can never let go of...memories).
 #168837  by strumminsix

somedirection wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:52 pm
strumminsix wrote:Do you but the amount of energy you'll put into finding people who are still trading, mailing, trading, copying, verifying, waiting, etc will be crazy.
+1 gone are the days.....but they were some really really fun days.....just gave away the last 75 tapes (OK...to be honest...there are still about 15-20 tapes I kept and can never let go of...memories).
Same dude. When we moved I realized I didn't listen to my tapes anymore or even have a player. Gave away all but a handful of shows. I've lived 2 years now in a new home and haven't pulled out any of my CD's. Between LMA and Spotify my needs are met. And the beauty is, I spend more time listening, enjoying, playing along, etc than the pedantic search for better sources, every version ever, complete years, omg my OCD was nutso....