Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #168841  by AaronW

These are about 15 years old. I used to work for a music store and a Dunlop rep told me they had found some original Adamas graphite pick material, so they were going to make some more of them. I bought a bunch and have plenty. I'm not sure if these are different than what is being made today or not.

I'd prefer just setting up some trades, I'm a pick junkie and love trying new ones out. If anyone has any 1mm or 2mm Telefunken graphite picks, or Vintage Adamas graphite picks let's talk. If you don't have anything to trade shoot me an offer to buy some.

I believe I've got at least one extra bag of these, but not 100% right now. So just starting out with these 11 picks.

Thanks, hope everyone is doing good!

strumminsix liked this
 #168854  by Budman

How do you guys like
The adamas 2.0 pick I like eh but they make a very noticeable buzz when they touch the string, I am sure the adamas I am using are modern I would love to try one like Jerry was using ,are his from the 70s or 80s,when did adamas change their formula? Are the newer ones different in some way ? Any one else experience this?
 #168859  by LazyLightning72

Budman wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:56 am How do you guys like
The adamas 2.0 pick I like eh but they make a very noticeable buzz when they touch the string, I am sure the adamas I am using are modern I would love to try one like Jerry was using ,are his from the 70s or 80s,when did adamas change their formula? Are the newer ones different in some way ? Any one else experience this?
The only ones I have played are from two 12 packs I bought back in 2013. As for the buzz you are referring to, I get this also, though it’s not all that noticeable when playing. It’s also more noticeable on my 60s CV, then it is on my Wolf.

Overall I like playing with them, but I find they are not what I typically reach for. I have the 2mm Gator picks, which I use more when I want something on the thicker side. I also have a few different thickness Gravity picks, that I really like. This is all while playing electric, the Adamas are about the only thing I use on my acoustic. Unless it’s something with a lot of strumming, then I’ll grab something a bit thinner.
 #168866  by AaronW

Budman wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:56 am How do you guys like
I've not played an "original" Adamas. I was told that this is the exact material that the originals were made with, that it was left over stock from when they had been made in the past. Just some small things like the logo not being raised as much were different.