Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #168655  by lbpesq

I’ve been working on my Alligator on and off for the last year. I finally completed it today and have put it up for sale in my reverb shop. Of course I would offer a significant discount to anyone from rukind. It was a lot of fun to put together.

Here’s a link to the listing and lots more info & pics:

https://reverb.com/item/37204718-jerry- ... 20-natural

Bill, tgo
 #168660  by Jon S.

Wow! That is superb.
 #168663  by lbpesq

Thanks guys. Of course after seeing some of the stuff around here, like Augustwest's recent Cocobolo Wolf, I feel a little humbled.

I received a good offer within twenty minutes of posting. A few minutes later, while I was considering the first offer, someone else bought it for full price!. This was a really fun project. The saddles on the old Alembic bridge I found were too worn, so I got some brass stock and made new saddles myself, including tapping out the screw holes for the adjustment screw. . First time doing anything like that. Now I have to keep an eye out for another old Alembic/Stars bridge for a decent price and start another.

Have a Great Turkey Day Week!

Bill, tgo
TI4-1009, strumminsix liked this
 #168665  by Jon S.

Though mine's not for sale,as long as the topic's come up ...

#168667  by Jon S.

lbpesq wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 pmmy reverb shop.
I couldn't figure out how to get to your Reverb shop from the specific Alligator listing, can you please share the URL to it?
 #168671  by lbpesq

Here you go: https://reverb.com/shop/420guitars

The cupboards are a little bare at the moment, but I’ll be adding several guitars over the T-Day holiday weekend.

Where did you get that bridge? Looks cool, but different from the Alembic/Stars channel-based design. (Love the pic of the Garcia family in the background).

Bill, tgo
 #168673  by Jon S.

lbpesq wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:21 amWhere did you get that bridge? Looks cool, but different from the Alembic/Stars channel-based design. (Love the pic of the Garcia family in the background).
I copped it off of eBay some years back. At the time, I posted a pic of it here asking if it was Alembic. The consensus at the time was that it was a Stars bridge. But who knows?!
 #168677  by tdcrjeff

Jon S. wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 am
lbpesq wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 pmmy reverb shop.
I couldn't figure out how to get to your Reverb shop from the specific Alligator listing, can you please share the URL to it?
Over on the right in any listing there is always a 'Shipped From' and the seller's name. The name is a link to their Reverb Shop.
 #168678  by lbpesq

I think it is post Stars. The older Alembic/Stars design had a single adjustment screw for each saddle. Alembic later added a second shaft through each saddle, like on yours. But I don’t think I’ve seen one from Alembic quite like yours. It would definitely work for an Alligator, should you be so inclined.

Bill, tgo
 #168683  by LazyLightning72

Way to go Bill!

That looks great, I’d be very proud of a build like that.

When I finally decide to try my hand at a build, it’s going to be an Alligator also, and this is very inspirational.

Great work my friend!
Chris