Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #164615  by tntawney
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 am
Yeah, he has had the wrenches on for a week or two now. Not sure if anyone wants a Grateful Dead wrench or guitar cord. The mutron is pretty cool piece of memorbilia. I wonder if it works. He said he used it for parts. I’m sure he has much more in his storage.
 #164622  by Reuben94
 Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 am
tntawney wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 am
Yeah, he has had the wrenches on for a week or two now. Not sure if anyone wants a Grateful Dead wrench or guitar cord. The mutron is pretty cool piece of memorbilia. I wonder if it works. He said he used it for parts. I’m sure he has much more in his storage.
That's what I thought. Mostly interested in what stuff is coming up in the future ...
 #164642  by Jon S.
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:53 am
Though, I must confess, the signed basketball on eBay would look cool in my den.
 #164652  by augustwest1
 Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:00 pm
That's cool.

I'd never paid any attention to this sorta stuff before one of Jerry's Beans went to auction. I signed up on that site, and now I get their notices about new auctions regularly.

It's weird to see how the heirs/estates liquidate anything and everything that touches on fame. It's a little unseemly, and some of it is way more crass than others. All the more so when the auctions start before the grass has even started growing around the grave site. No risk of that here.

So good for Parish. Sell it while you can enjoy the proceeds. No shame in that. And he's the living link to why any of us care about this stuff anyway. So that's a bonus.

Having said all THAT, I'd add that as a matter of marketing (a subject a know next to nothing about ), it seems to me that if you're going to kick something off like this, you'd want to make more of splash for the goods on offer, or to come, than some random wrenches and backstage passes.

That said, I'll be watching, and hoping.
 #164669  by Reuben94
 Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 am
Little update: With 2 days left, the Mutron is already at 4,600$. Curious what I will go for in the end.