Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #164594  by Lephty
 Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 pm
Holy shit, they have a lefty for sale too...

This might be one of those things that falls under "want but don't need."

Update 2/6: Welp, I caved. As a lefty, it's pretty rare to find an oddball vintage guitar like this. Hard to pass up. "The poor man's Travis Bean"...lol. Will post an update after it arrives.
strumminsix liked this
 #164735  by lbpesq
 Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 pm
I find the old Kramers to be better players than the TBs were. The Bean's aluminum neck never really seemed to warm up. The wood inserts in the Kramer's felt much nicer, at least to my hand. And most of the Beans I've seen weighed a TON! I've never understood why the Travis Beans are so valuable and the Kramers still modestly priced.

Bill, tgo
 #164737  by Jon S.
 Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:37 am
Ask for the weight before you buy.
 #164741  by tntawney
 Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 am
Not to hijack thread, but I thought this was pretty interesting. Someone brought a Travis Bean in for repair to EGC.
There are a couple of pictures if you scroll through of an aluminum neck without a fretboard. If you follow them on Instagram they also have have a new 1000watt head. Jeez!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtzTnjjn6hn/
 #164742  by Lephty
 Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:32 am
Haven't had a chance to use it on a gig yet, but I'm really psyched about this guy. The first vintage-ish lefty I have ever owned. Has 2 toggle switches--one splits the pups, the other changes between series/parallel. The breadth of sounds I can get out of it is pretty amazing. Love the look, too.

Gr8fulCadi, tntawney liked this