Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #153911  by JTQN

I have two Sarno preamps both w/ JG mods for sale.
I'd like $450 shipped each. (SOLD)

I also have an FYD preamp for sale.
$600 shipped SOLD!!!

All working great. All sound great.

I've got too much gear...(if that's possible)
Last edited by JTQN on Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
 #153915  by TRG

Is the FYD the TRP version with the Jerry mods?

Also - what is the difference tonally between the SMS and the TRP? I have the SMS and really like it, but have been curious about the TRP and have been thinking about possibly grabbing one.
 #153921  by JTQN

The FYD is the version with the Jerry mods.
It's been part of my main rig for a couple of years and I love it.
I especially like the real spring reverb along with the dwell dial on the back let's you really fine tune the reverb response.

These are both superior preamps. I prefer the FYD's point to point layout. It's tone is a bit more true to the original twin reverb. (In my opinion)

I'm only selling it because I've moved to a Two Rock system and I'm trimming down my rig.

The SMS's were squired after loaning money to a fellow struggling musician and were part of the pay back.

Thanks!
 #153922  by JTQN

Oh, to be clear, I did use the SMS preamp for years prior to going with the FYD. I was also very curious about the FYD and was very happy with it.
 #153924  by TRG

Do you happen to know if that amp has Tantalum caps and the Maestro mods, or is that something that is above and beyond the "stock" version of the FYD TRP?

Also - would it be possible to post a pic or two?
 #153925  by JTQN

I DNA know anything about the maestro mod or the caps. I worked closely with Dan who built the preamp and I don't remember anything along those lines. All I do know is that it's the closest to the real deal as possible.

PM me your email address and I'll send you some photos.
Every time I've tried to post a photo, the forum rejects it saying "too large"

Thanks...