Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #166503  by mgbills

Good Afternoon All,

I have something really amazing for your consumptive pleasure. Somethin' is Shakin' on Shakedown Street!

For sale: Walker Revelator Wolf-Tiger Hybrid.

Cocobolo Top & Back. Figured maple in the sandwich
11 layer laminate neck-thru design. Purpleheart, Padouk, Coco (I think). Killer volute with laminates tapering into headsock.
Tiger-style electronics. OBEL, Blaster (push/pull volume knob) SDS1 (neck), Dimarzio Super II for middle & Bridge.
Scott Walker's stunning original brasswork on bridge, stop tail, pickup ring, knobs, jack plate, etc.
Perfectly set up with unbelievable sustain, resonance & tone.
Calton Case that fits perfectly.
Original designs throughout. Checkout the headstock & inlay! It's really unbelievable.
Slimline neck with the best access to upper frets of any guitar I've ever played.
24 Fret Neck
Nitrocellulose lacquer finish.
No dings or damage. Original flawless condition. Only changed the strings once.

The wait for a new Revelator is approximately 3 years unless something has changed. More photos are available upon request. I'm not in a hurry or desperate. Price: $12,500

Photos are in next post.
Last edited by mgbills on Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #166504  by mgbills

Photos updated. We finally saw the sun on the Oregon Coast.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by mgbills on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #166534  by TI4-1009

#166535  by mgbills

It was great to be a part of the early opportunity, and Scott builds utterly fantastic instruments. It's amongst the best guitars I've every played.

Not sure exactly. Like the TB I had, I believe that an instrument like this needs to be played by someone who'll help people dance. I'm a deep Deadhead. Nothing brings me more pleasure than the cosmic dance.

I was listening to Jason Kostel on the "Luthier on Luthier" podcast. Jason is a world class acoustic builder who has collected many top guitars. Recently he started selling some of those off. He told a tale of a wealthy art patron who waited 20 years & many auctions to own a famous painting. The patron did finally win the painting, and sold it within a year.

When asked why, he said something like "The day I walked by the painting, and it didn't fill me with Joy...I knew it that it must be passed to another." That's a paraphrase.

"I had to learn the hard way..."
That's the truth of the matter.
Peace
M

Send me a pm with your email and I'll send more pics. I found that thread and am still struggling with the new pic system.
 #166602  by mgbills

On hold through early January.
Sale pending.
And I'm out of the country with limited internet service.
 #166780  by mgbills

Bump.

Back from the travels. Price reduced. $12,000 + shipping/insurance.

I was just notified that Scott's starting price is now $14,500.

From one of the top builders in the EG business.