Musical Theory Abound!!!

#21482  by mttourpro

Thought I'd add what I believe is a correction on a couple chords in the Break and the 3rd part of the Jam...I pasted what is written above and put what I believe are the correct chords below the incorrect ones. I put the correct chords in parentheses for the break.

Break | Em / B / | G / | Em / / / | C / G / | Bm7 / / / |

| Em / B / | G / | Em / / / | D / / / | A / / / |

|G / Bm7 /| Em / G / |C G D Em|
(Bm7/F#) (D)

It isn't a big change, but it does sound better when you play the walkdown with the bass. Maybe it's just something keyboardists and bassists would be playing,
but it is definitely a different sound. IF that G chord is right I would still play the D in the bass.I've always played a D chord there. I'll have to check it out more thoroughly when I'm in front of a piano, but that's what I've always played on it (perhaps incorrectly?).

Also, for

Part 3 of Jam ||: E F# G / | E F# G F | E F# G E | Esus2 / / / :||

I've always played it as

E F# G / | E F# E F# G A | E F# G A B min

Thoughts on this....I'm gonna try both ways and see.

Never ceases to amaze me that despite having played this music for a long time, every once in a while I learn that I've been playing something slightly wrong....though sometimes I see tab/notation that is also wrong. I guess sometimes it also depends on what version/era one is going by as well.

I just edited this to try and make the (D) go right under the G after the Emin in the Break...but, for some reason it will not move anywhere other than where it is.