#83133  by Lunchbox16

I don't know if there are any computer programmers on the forum, but has anyone thought of producing a setlist program for the iPhone/iPod Touch? Perhaps the people behind the setlist program or deadlists would know how to do this? Just a thought. It'd be awesome to have a portable reference guide like that.

Cheers,
LBX
 #101647  by dogfood1

For a while a couple years ago there was an app with all the show data, but it got removed from the app store for some reason. I had a jailbroken iPhone, so I was able to use it. Crashed all the time.

I've always wondered why the guys behind the Deadbase books or the Tapers Compendiums didn't ever evolve into the digital realm. It would be awesome to have those volumes of knowledge at my fingertips (and on my bookcase too of course :-) )
 #101664  by dogfood1

erock wrote:http://www.deadbase.com/?
Yeah, but deadbase's site is like mothballed. The show database was last updated in 2002 and it looks like the site's last changes were 2005. If all you want are set lists, there's always deadlist.com too.

I think what the OP and I are looking for is a modern iPad/iPhone app version of Deadbase/Taper's Compendium. Imagine an app that has each show, setlist, technical data, as well as one of those long format reviews the Taper's Compendiums are full of! Imagine it including up-to-date source info including all the cool Charlie Miller sources, and maybe even the links to etree.org, archive.org. Add some video, some pictures and you've got something I'd pay $4.99 for 8)