#1972  by jck_strw

I posted a link to the maps.rukind.com site on rec.music.gdead. Somebody tried to use the app with their zip code:

"I tried it, but it keeps telling me it needs a 5 digit zip...04072...That's 5...It must not like 0's...Great idea though..."

I tried searching on a valid zip code where no bandmate was listed and I got an error (08033). But if I used a zip code where I knew there was someone it worked. Ideas?

Jim

#1973  by phpbb

I took the zipcode validator out last night for the same reason. Its tough finding free data that is complete. But, I just got some more data for more zipcodes, which I will be loading in. Also, I have points for Cities and states, its just time, time, time....
 #1978  by phpbb

I've updated the zipcode database to be more up to date (within the last year). Although I've got some 35,000 zipcodes geocoded, I am missing a few obscure ones (which I am sure you'll find). if so, I will fix them as they are discovered.

I've also fixed the balloons to show the zipcode information correctly.

I also think I've got the search figured out so that when you press enter, the default action is to search on the zipcode.

let me know what I missed...

Gregg