#5282  by jck_strw

So Ed, how long did it take you tab all these songs out? Did you do them all yourself? Which ones were the hardest?

Thanks again for doing all of them. :)

/golf clap
 #5289  by ebick

jck_strw wrote:So Ed, how long did it take you tab all these songs out? Did you do them all yourself? Which ones were the hardest?

Thanks again for doing all of them. :)

/golf clap
Yes, I did them all except where noted (Victim, for example). When I was hosting the site myself, I would "entertain" opinions for changes, so if I agreed with someone else's way of playing it, i would change it. At the time, I would post on the front page that I had updated a tab because of so and so's input, I don't believe I actually incorporated that information into the tab. Thank God Gregg introduced this forum so that people can voice their opinions about how a song should go whether or not I agree with it, and I can still, in my mind, maintain the integrity of the tabs.

I'm one of those obsessive/compulsive guys, so I toiled with it for over a year, I'm sure, but I don't have the exact amount of time.

The hardest ones were often the ones I didn't already know. You see, a tune like China Cat, well, I knew that already, so I just had to transcribe it. But as I started putting the tunes out there and the site started picking up steam, the desire for it to become a "complete" archive was there for both me and the site's visitors. So if someone requested a song that I didn't already know how to play, well then, I had to learn it first....so more work.

#5299  by weedar

Any chance you have a screenshot of the old Archive?
I have this idea that it looked "old", seeing as it was
from '96. 8)

#5301  by jck_strw

Thanks for the reponse Ed! A year? That's it. Man, it seems like a lifetime of information. Chords, leads, etc. Just a mountain of info. Impressive. I'm surprised Ice Nine hasn't contacted you to do some transcribing for them.

#5307  by ebick

weedar wrote:Any chance you have a screenshot of the old Archive?
I have this idea that it looked "old", seeing as it was
from '96. 8)
Sorry, no. All I have left from that era is the source CD with all the Tabs and sound clips.
 #5314  by phreaker

hey man

for a screenshot on the sight, go to www.archive.org and search on the wayback machine for rukind or rukind.com

#5321  by HawaiianDedhed

Wow! The removed cover tabs are alive. Thanks Phreaker
 #5324  by phreaker

woah, they are?

cool. I never really browsed that screenshot page.

and you're quite welcome.

and thank you for reminding me of that!

#5345  by qiuniu

HawaiianDedhed wrote:Wow! The removed cover tabs are alive. Thanks Phreaker
Now they're gone.