#5184  by spilly

hey guys,
I've been changing directions with my music lately. I sort of dove head first into diminished theory about half a year ago. It's all going well, mI know the chords and the scales and all that good stuff, but lately I've found myself stuck making the same types of changes with my diminished chords.

I was wondering if anybody could be so kind as to share a few of their favorite diminished progressions. If I could hear a couple different sets of intervales, it may help inspire some new ideas.

anything you can offer would be greatly appriechated.

#5189  by strumminsix

My favorite diminished progressions were from the Flintstone's whenever they'd be hurrying.

Ahhh, the beauty of playing diminished chords on an instrument tuned in 4ths.
 #5775  by grod

For me on learning dim chords - it helps to play some jazz standards out of the jazz fake books that give you the basic sheet music for the melody with the chords.

Friends and I are playing jazz instrumentals - Goergia on My Mind, Pennies from Heaven, Sunny Side of the Street, some Duke Ellington.

Russian Lullaby has dim chords in it.

I'm not sure about patterns per se - I just play old jazz standards that seem to use dim but I know there are some loose rules on when to use them in composing or improvising. Not into that yet.

We know enough to play a couple of hours. Its a change from bluegrass, dawg and some Dead stuff we do.

#5776  by strumminsix

Let it Grow!

After the first line it goes up, after the second it comes back down.