#44412  by China Cat

holy shit thats the best thing ive heard in as far as i can remember. being 17 i never got a chance to see the dead or phish and i get so down from it now. it would be so awesome if this was all true.

only thing that sucks is that first tour back would be serious $$, but i know id go anyway just in case it was a one time shot.

#44413  by Emoto

China Cat wrote:holy shit thats the best thing ive heard in as far as i can remember. being 17 i never got a chance to see the dead or phish and i get so down from it now. it would be so awesome if this was all true.

only thing that sucks is that first tour back would be serious $$, but i know id go anyway just in case it was a one time shot.
Don't be down about it. Magic is where you find it. New ones coming as the old ones go. Keep your ears peeled. Someone is bound to tap into it sooner or later.

#44417  by weirimpressed

i wouldnt mind hearing you enjoy myself five times haha

#44491  by weirimpressed

trey got added to rothbury! I cant WAIT!!

#44520  by GratefulPat

ya i heard about trey! and i also was a heroine addict for 4 years, bad... im now 21 and sober and have had 3 friends die from that shit. i wish that no one ever have to live the life i did for those years, especially no one with that much talent.

#44623  by mttourpro

some more phish "news".....

CAMDEN, NJ—Phish lyricist Tom Marshall, Trey Anastasio’s longtime friend and writing partner, said in an exclusive interview Tuesday that “Trey wants Phish to come back.” (snip) Marshall was elated about his recent work in the studio with Anastasio. “We’re on our fourteenth, fifteenth song in like two months,” said Marshall. “We’re extremely productive and got the drive again. I have the old Trey back, which is incredible.” When pressed about where these new songs will end up, Marshall said they “could take a left turn into the Trey Anastasio Band or a straight turn to Phish.” “(Trey) is just excited and happy to be done with his legal problems,” said Marshall. “It’s almost like we’re in 8th grade again.” Marshall, who began writing with Anastasio during adolescence while attending New Jersey’s Princeton Day School together, has penned over ninety original songs for Phish. During their recent sessions, Marshall said he sometimes plays drums and Anastasio, widely considered one of rock’s best guitarists, will even play the bass guitar at times during the writing and recording process. Marshall said that he and Anastasio “have a new energy, a spark.” “It’s spilling out of us. We’re both look wide-eyed when something meshes up because it’s meshing up a lot better these days then it did when we were under the fog, under the haze,” said Marshall. “We’re not in the haze. We’re just moving forward, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.” Marshall said that he and Anastasio have not brought other Phish members into the studio, yet. “We haven’t done that in the past and we work best when there are no distractions. When we write, we write together. What happens with songs after that is up to Trey, really.” “Reforming something like (Phish) has so many pieces, it’s a very complex, three-dimensional, four-dimensional, jigsaw puzzle,” said Marshall, adding “No one wants Phish back more than Trey.”

#44625  by spacehead333

Damn....That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. I hope it goes somewhere.

#44673  by Emoto

Well, I certainly hope things work out for Trey and his buds.

Let's hope he's clean and can stay that way, because Mr. Young's lyric is always waiting in the wings: "every junkie's like a setting sun"

#44876  by tigerstrat

HBD to the greatest Y.E.M. of them all: 6/11/94
 #44885  by kenneybonz

just joshing.. he got caught driving recklessly up north while under, if i recall correctly, some versions of hillbilly heroin and maybe the real stuff too...
it sure is a monkey.. when you drive through places like Fla, man you see absolute freakshows running in and out of the pharmacies for this stuff.. they all have the same look.. really too much that folks don't pressure politicians to stop it..
we seem to always get the come on for donations to folks at shows.. it usually starts with, man, i am in so much pain today, can you help me out?
as one who's had his monkeys, boy am i glad that one passed me up.. tk

#44904  by Mr.Charlie

I have to admit, back in the day, I used to go to Phish shows, I was at IT, Coventry, Oswego, numerous other shows, but I was never "into it" like I was with the dead. Don't get me wrong, I thought the music was good, had a great time, but it wasn't "special" to me, always felt like I wish I was at a dead show, which I never had the chance to do, seeing as I'm 24. But for some reason, lately, I've been listening to a lot of Phish, a lot of stuff from '98, '97, early 90's with Trey just rockin', and man, it's "special." I'm getting the goose bumps, I don't know, but something changed, the light came on. If Phish comes back, it would be like a dream come true, I'd be first in line. Keep your fingers crossed people.

#44908  by China Cat

im with you charlie, phish has really become something special to me in the plast few years, along with the dead. i really hope this goes somewhere.

#44909  by weirimpressed

they've both always been special, both have their amazing attributes and role in the jamband scene

but the way Ive been seeing it lately is the dead had more structured americana jams and such

where phish had the funk, free-lance jams

i dunno, just my frame of thought right now (I have been listenin to a lot of '95-97 phish and)

#44914  by Tennessee Jedi

What could be more UN structured than Space ?
The Dead are way looser than Phish.Phish is tight.
Funny how people see things different huh?
Anyway Phish coming back would be great - them dudes put on a good show.

:smile: