#41981  by High Peaks

Hey all. I just finished making a head for my Twin. I performed the surgery tonight!!I posted some pictures of what my new rig will look like.( kinda) I still plan on making a smaller version of the wooden rack like Hard Truckers.They are in the folder "some gear" on the myspace link below.

Cheers

#41982  by strumminsix

Why are the guitars backwards?! :lol: :lol:

Very nice work, dude!

What other pedals are do you have routed through you GCX?

I'm always surprised when I see the GCX not right next to
the pedal drawer but I suppose everyone has their reason...

#41984  by High Peaks

Its all the way on the top because i used to have a baltic birch board mounted on the front with my pedals, ala Garcia's 90's rig. Just never moved it after i took the pedals off.

I run my qtron, Phase 90, SD-2, OC-2, TS-9 silver mod, boomerang, ADA 2fx( sometimes)

I'm really downsizing my gear though. I'm going to scale back to the Garcia Rig, with some random pedals.

#41985  by strumminsix

Ah! Very nice! And nice going with selective pedals!

With that great guitar and amp I'm sure it sounds great dry!

I pondered doing the pedals on front thing but then calculated in the weight and said forget it. It's for the best, actually. I found "my settings" and don't touch them anymore! Plus a I am able to use an "FX Rack" which is shallower!

(But I secretly wish I had a front-displayed pedals! Shh don't tell!)

#41988  by High Peaks

The rack i want to build would be less deep. I can only join dovetails up to 11.5 inches. Most rack effects are 10" ( I think) What i want to do is make one for 4 1u rack units( Korg, Furman, ADA 2fx, GCX)
And 1 slightly angled shelf and the base for my 5 pedals.( I really don't use the boomerang that often at gigs). It basically would be the Garcia rack, just not as tall or as deep. I would make it 2' tall x 20" wide by 11.5 " deep. Thats next!!

#41991  by strumminsix

Totally freakin' awesome! I'm jealous of your skills!

#41995  by weirimpressed

high peaks,

the 2001 recording is awesome, loved it man
:cool:

#42024  by High Peaks

Thanks man. We got away from the Dead for a while, but plan on redeadicating our time to do more Dead sets. We were doing some Phish, Traffic etc. we still plan on doing some, but will keep the majority from now on will be getting back to the good ol' Grateful Dead