did Cornell '77 really happen

yes
87%
no
13%

#27103  by b weird

Where I live I work at a hardware store and one of the dudes who comes in actually went to the 5-8-77 show. When I asked him if he was part of the CIA he looked at me like I was a nut. When I told him how supposedly Jerry was part of the CIA and that the whole show was thought up by the government he told me he had never heard of that story. So I guess it really did happen. Unless he was covering up. :shock: Peace.
 #27106  by kenneybonz

that spring tour cid of 77 78 79 AND 80.. wow.. i SAW God, I even WAS God at more than one of those shows..
too f'ing funny... i laughed and called all of my tour pals about this..
we are all in agreement that it just coulda mighta been that the dead were on the top of their game...
lol...
too funny..

#27115  by krzykat

st stephen wrote:nice one krzykat

hahahahahaha

i am glad you knew i was joking. Sometimes I post something like that...the next thing i know i am in a fight with someone.

But your right about the kennedy thing. I have heard stories where a very credible source sees something, tells the authorities and the next thing they know the FBI is knocking at there door.

Phil in glens falls this saturday...just got my tix today!!! yeah baby first show for me of this tour. Seeing 4 of the phil shows at the nokia if anyone is not from new york and is coming solo hit me up and we will grab a beer before the show.
which shows? I'm planninng on the second weekend

#27151  by Scary Pete

hahahahha

#27227  by krzykat

st stephen wrote:nice one krzykat

hahahahahaha

i am glad you knew i was joking. Sometimes I post something like that...the next thing i know i am in a fight with someone.

But your right about the kennedy thing. I have heard stories where a very credible source sees something, tells the authorities and the next thing they know the FBI is knocking at there door.

Phil in glens falls this saturday...just got my tix today!!! yeah baby first show for me of this tour. Seeing 4 of the phil shows at the nokia if anyone is not from new york and is coming solo hit me up and we will grab a beer before the show.
I can usually tell when someone is joking, when they are serios the tone of voice come across with how things are phrased

#28868  by toastandjam

whatrix wrote: C'mon didn't it ever occur to you that the powers that be were kinda letting us get away with more than the folks at a
Lynrd Skynnrd concert? Ya think it was just because we were so cute and cleaver and had peace signs and all???

No way could one get away with what we did at ANY other R&R concert at the same venues...
I think a lot of it was that the dead and their bookings were total badasses and they made good friends in good places to make it happen. More than booking a gig or planning a tour, but being event planners of the highest (pun intended) degree, setting everything up so that it could happen the way it would, giving people that unparalleled experience.

#28869  by tigerstrat

whatrix wrote: C'mon didn't it ever occur to you that the powers that be were kinda letting us get away with more than the folks at a
Lynrd Skynnrd concert? Ya think it was just because we were so cute and cleaver and had peace signs and all???

No way could one get away with what we did at ANY other R&R concert at the same venues...
I don't know what you got away with, but one figure that stands out to me is approx 1200 arrests at Atlanta, April 1990.

Over the years I witnessed MANY people not getting away with various things.

Besides, I have it on good authority that Jerry greatly preferred KGB to the CIA.