#25227  by razmablues

the shows i go (mainly just in california) people are usually minding their own business and dancing away. i'm pretty young fan (can't call myself a head cause i never saw the actual dead), but for me the worse is when someone tries to belittle me and takes my opinion on the performance as a joke just because i haven't seen jerry.

i wish i could have man, but i was kinda 6 years old when the poor ol' bastard passed, but i feel grateful everyday for the legacy in recordings that was left behind and i try to make the best of it.

i don't know it just gets to me, but thank god most heads are more understanding :smile: :D

#26937  by justcoophere

My gues is that there have always been assholes at shows even 40 years ago. People go to get only what they desire or are open to. I have seen some "assholes on acid" in my time. Nowadays I laugh, back then, I moved my seat. Disturbing but truthful. However, the vast majority of people I have met and seen, have been cool.
Think 95% not 5%.

#26943  by revned_04

i do find some of those people that will just be bitches but for the most part i meet chill, nice people that are just gonna be friendly.

#26944  by spacehead333

i just saw the schwag, a grateful dead tribute. and there was some gay guy booing and got beat up, why go when ur just gonna boo

#26947  by lostsailor8782

Okay your saying nobodies dancing people bitchin, who exactly are you going to see, what is the scene ??? I have seen some freaking great shows this year ... an oddly assorted 30 or 40 ...

#26953  by krzykat

in the last month I 've gone to see STS9 and Phil and everyone was shakin thier bones and noone was being an asshole just family out having a good time

#27007  by Candyman421

generally speaking i find that bands centered more around the song writing and song crafting carry much more of a crowd that is their for the music and are much kinder in general, as for the electronica like the sts9 i find it is a bunch a raving idiots their to get spun out of their minds and dont know one song from the next.

i really enjoy going to see local bands like one from milwaukee called chinese fingertrap because they have a great following of people actually into the music.

i also hate people (girls more often than not) that wear dead shirts, and dancin bear jewelry, and then when you put on brokedown palace they ask who it is and tell you that it sounds like crap (that has happened on more than one occasion, actually that same song) neways i enjoy concerts either way and the only people i really hate (i know harsh word) at concerts are the fuckin high school clans travelin in a group of 20 that are so fuckin annoying and they always seem to find me and surround me wherever i go, and the fuckin 16 yr old douchebag wearin his crisp phish shirt that he got for his birthday but cant name one song of theirs except farmhouse and bouncing around the room, and has no idea what the fuck gamehendge is, neways sorry about the rant

peace

#27009  by gratephulphish123

theres newbies and idiots in every crowd, i just kind of "oh i dont even know if bob'll play truckin man, he doesnt usually play that every night.......oh look someone to talk to bye"
 #27010  by Tennessee Jedi

Remember- we were all newbies at one time.When I saw my 1st show in'86 we were called "touch of grey"heads.Putting labels on people sucks.

#27023  by krzykat

Candyman421 wrote:generally speaking i find that bands centered more around the song writing and song crafting carry much more of a crowd that is their for the music and are much kinder in general, as for the electronica like the sts9 i find it is a bunch a raving idiots their to get spun out of their minds and dont know one song from the next.

i really enjoy going to see local bands like one from milwaukee called chinese fingertrap because they have a great following of people actually into the music.

i also hate people (girls more often than not) that wear dead shirts, and dancin bear jewelry, and then when you put on brokedown palace they ask who it is and tell you that it sounds like crap (that has happened on more than one occasion, actually that same song) neways i enjoy concerts either way and the only people i really hate (i know harsh word) at concerts are the fuckin high school clans travelin in a group of 20 that are so fuckin annoying and they always seem to find me and surround me wherever i go, and the fuckin 16 yr old douchebag wearin his crisp phish shirt that he got for his birthday but cant name one song of theirs except farmhouse and bouncing around the room, and has no idea what the fuck gamehendge is, neways sorry about the rant

peace
Why other poeple go to the show is no concern of mine! I go to hear good music and dance, and have a good time. The scene is what you make it. If you bring hate into it that is what you will get out of it.

all we ever wanted was to learn and love and grow

#27079  by Rev_Roach

Candyman421 wrote:sts9 i find it is a bunch a raving idiots their to get spun out of their minds and dont know one song from the next.
Sound tribe has more than one song? I could've sworn they were just like an on/off switch. :D

#27080  by krzykat

spacehead333 wrote:yeah but when people try and start shit it is no fun
what shows are you going to so I can avoid them :P

#27091  by BigJilm

You kno wut I hate more than nething tho? The drug dealers that show up in the parking lot and dont even go in the fucking show! N More often than not, they sell u fuckin paper and call it acid, and when the first sets over, and its raining, and ur still not tripping, thats a huge bummer (but then the second set comes along to cheer you up :)). Thats why I will not by drugs at concerts ever again. I also really hate the people that just show up as part of their image. This summer I saw ratdog with my friends, n after the show one of my friends said "that casey jones was fuckin sweet!" Bobby never played casey jones, my friend was referring to St. Stephen. god...

#27094  by krzykat

BigJilm wrote:You kno wut I hate more than nething tho? The drug dealers that show up in the parking lot and dont even go in the fucking show! N More often than not, they sell u fuckin paper and call it acid, and when the first sets over, and its raining, and ur still not tripping, thats a huge bummer (but then the second set comes along to cheer you up :)). Thats why I will not by drugs at concerts ever again. I also really hate the people that just show up as part of their image. This summer I saw ratdog with my friends, n after the show one of my friends said "that casey jones was fuckin sweet!" Bobby never played casey jones, my friend was referring to St. Stephen. god...
you should never do business with someone you don't know anyway