#20199  by lostsailor8782

b weird wrote:
Rev_Roach wrote:
b weird wrote:I think the only younger Deadheads the older dudes look down apon are the ones who only started liking the Dead for "Touch Of Grey". Then those Younger "Deadheads" would just be fakers.
So what if thats how they started? so long as they progress from that
I'm talking about the "Touch Heads" the ones who only went to the show just to hear "Touch", and could care less about the slower songs like "Stella Blue", and "China Doll", and the like. Some of the older "Heads" must know the ones I'm talking about.
Not all the Touch Heads turned out bad ... yea they came out by the truck load with their black record store bought Dead shirts hoping to see their favorite MTV song .. but see we dosed a bunch of them and then the boys dropped drums and space on them and they have been better people ever since !!!

#20224  by guilhermeful dead

I'm 27 and I live and was born in Brazil. I don't have to say I'd never attended a Grateful Dead concert. I first listened to the band just about two years ago, and I immediately felt something different. I don't have any GD T-shirts, don't own any original albums. I have no intention to become a 'dead head'. All I know is what I feel whenever I listen to the Grateful Dead, and I know it made my life much nicer. I think that is what counts.

#20226  by nicolasalk

guilhermeful dead wrote:I'm 27 and I live and was born in Brazil. I don't have to say I'd never attended a Grateful Dead concert. I first listened to the band just about two years ago, and I immediately felt something different. I don't have any GD T-shirts, don't own any original albums. I have no intention to become a 'dead head'. All I know is what I feel whenever I listen to the Grateful Dead, and I know it made my life much nicer. I think that is what counts.
EXACTLY same case Chile

how did you get into GD??

#20227  by guilhermeful dead

Even here in Brazil, Grateful Dead is a well-known band. I'm a huge music fan and I'd always heard a lot about the band but never got really into it. I first listened to the Grateful Dead when I downloaded the 'American Beauty' album. I'm glad I did so. :)

#40561  by weirimpressed

I kick myself for not jumping on the bus sooner.

Had a buddy play some grateful dead songs on the acoustic when I was first learning, and I hated learning and playing them haha. But soon I started to learn a lot about the guitar and how to play, and learned to appreciate all the different things the boys were doing. I cant thank that friend enough now! He was pretty kind haha

#40563  by broomhead

your uncle was prolly just busting your balls. You love the music, today that's pretty much all we have left. so, your a deadhead or anything else you wanna be called.

I have to laugh, those "touch heads" are now knocking on 40. They traded in there baseball hats and dashikis for suits and ties. Those that were there for a party have moved on. however, a lot of really great fans came from that 87-88 generation.