#112730  by ImJerryToo
 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:02 am
So of course you kick on your Mu-Tron, Q-Tron, DiscomJERRYlator or whatever it is for all the usuals. But how about other songs good for an envelopey sound? Dead tunes whee Jerry didn't use it, or other (not Dead) songs?

The other day I kicked it in for "Sultans of Swing" and thought it was quite cool. I like it alot on "Breakdown" (Petty). And I know there are more I'm not thinking of at the moment.

In the Dead catalogue, I think the Mu-Tron sound actually works well for the Jerry parts of "Scarlet Begonias" -- but only if not seguing to Fire (too much of a good thing, ya know?).

I've been thinking wah-in' out the Jerry licks for "Loser" might be cool... but those are so sweet without that I have to admit I haven't tried it.
 #112733  by Pete B.
 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:48 am
I play electric/acoustic Banjo and Pedal Steel Guitar thru mine.
This opens up alot of songs for the Mu factor.
 #112753  by tigerstrat
 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 pm
I love that passage from the 3/8/80 After Midnight> Rigby Jam where Jerry slips into the filter so smoothly you hardly notice. Incredible.
 #112755  by tcsned
 Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:44 pm
I've used it on Music Never Stopped for Jerry's main riff and it sounds pretty cool. I've used it on Come Together, Sketches of China, and a handful of others.
 #117423  by Yankee Tim
 Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 pm
reviving the dead...

Van Morrison's "Cleaning Windows". Always wish I would here him play that song. Has Jer written all over it.

War's "Low Rider". Totally cool mutune.
 #150942  by tigerstrat
 Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:17 pm
Yankee Tim wrote: Van Morrison's "Cleaning Windows". Always wish I would here him play that song. Has Jer written all over it.
JK and I used to do this back in the day (him singing lead). He changed the lyrics of the 3rd verse to reference "Led Zeppelin", "Blind Melon" and "Alan Watts book on Zen".
 #150950  by kurt eye
 Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:42 pm
tigger wrote:Black Throated Wind...maybe

Did he ever use it for an Eyes solo?
I love to use the envelope filter when jamming to eyes. I'm kind of surprised that Jerry didn't use the Mutron on this song on a regular basis.
 #150955  by williamsaut
 Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:38 pm
Ramble on Rose solo hasn't been mentioned typical or otherwise I don't think. I've also used it for the solo in They Love Each Other.
 #150959  by tigerstrat
 Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:50 pm
williamsaut wrote:Ramble on Rose solo hasn't been mentioned typical or otherwise I don't think. I've also used it for the solo in They Love Each Other.
Dupree's is another.

Weir on He's Gone 7/2/87 comes to mind.
 #151028  by waldo041
 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:06 am
Don't ease me in -studio version

~waldo