Place for the rest of the music
 #145690  by jackaroo

Here's a link to my bands soundcloud page. We are from Brooklyn NY.

Here's the band playing these tunes-

Brokedown Palace
Sugaree
Scarlet ~>FOTM
Truckin~>The Other One-> Wharf Rat

https://soundcloud.com/august-west-band
Last edited by jackaroo on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #145726  by jackaroo

Thanks for listening guys!

Keyboard is a fake piano...we all dislike it's sound, but it does the trick...it was at the place we played along with some amp.

The drums were a back line, mostly oversized "rock" drums. Usually our drummer is on a smaller jazzy kit.

Bass is a semi-hollow epiphone into a back line ampeg.

The rhythm guitarist (who can solo too...that's him on the verses of Trukin' btw) plays a 335 or a Tele into a tweed deluxe with a few pedals.

I play a 1986 AVRI Strat (maple/alder) into a '66 pro reverb (tweaked by Joe Martin @Shakedown amps) W/ 2 celestion greenbacks with some pedals.

I'm the lead vocalist, our keyboardist loves Wharf Rat and asked to sing it as well as a few others. He's great. Actually he's a better guitar player than a keyboard player, but we already have two guitars. The bassist sings harmony really well...but sadly the harmonies were a little off that night IMHO.

Were just getting started, having only played together since September. Looking forward to expanding our repertoire and performing a lot.

Cheers,

J
Last edited by jackaroo on Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #145888  by jackaroo

Thanks guys.

Regarding dynamics, I'm glad folks are digging that, the space between the instruments is really important to me. Though we are really working on respecting everyone's space and most importantly the vocals. I suppose it's always a work in progress...

Still going hog wild working on repertoire...we should have more tracks posted soon.

Thanks for listening!

Jack