Place for the rest of the music
 #142137  by hippieguy1954

From a jam we had a couple of weeks ago on 12-6-14. I changed this so all the tunes from that night are here.

Plenty of screw ups as usual, but we had a great time :smile:

Any comments good or bad are always appreciated. Still no keys.

https://soundcloud.com/jammindead
Last edited by hippieguy1954 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
 #143533  by hippieguy1954

I should mention that I'm playing my Alligator/Wolf. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, swamp ash body, OBEL, Wald pre/buffer and DAllen Voodoo 69 pickups and Schaller top load roller bridge. Through the SMS CTP with Jerry mods >Lexicon MX200 Reverb >Mc2100 >one 2x12 with K120's.

#143617  by hippieguy1954

I should also mention that each 8 ohm, K120 speaker (in the 2x12 cab) is connected to its own 16 ohm tap on the Mc2100. One to the 16 ohm right channel tap and one to the 16 ohm left channel tap.

Also, what do you think about our bass player's volume? I always think our bass player could be a little louder. Thoughts? Thanks :smile:
 #143699  by hippieguy1954

Come on folks! Not one comment? :roll:
 #143706  by TeeJay

Sounds awesome. Eyes was fantastic. I was having trouble hearing the bass but my PC speakers suck. The DA voodoos really cut through. What do you gain by going into the 16ohm tab on the MC?
 #143712  by hippieguy1954

TeeJay wrote:Sounds awesome. Eyes was fantastic. I was having trouble hearing the bass but my PC speakers suck. The DA voodoos really cut through. What do you gain by going into the 16ohm tab on the MC?
Thanks, TeeJay! I very much appreciate the kind words and the bass observation :smile:
Yea, the computer speakers can be a bummer. I'm lucky enough to have good headphones and a good stereo, but even then as well as when we are playing, I feel the bass isn't quite up front enough.

I love the DA Voodoos. Got em in two guitars.

Mismatching the speaker ohms on a McIntosh upward (4 ohm speaker or cab to 8 ohm tap, 8 ohm speaker or cab to 16 ohm tap etc.) lets the speaker and the McIntosh clip a little easier.
Great info and explanation on it here:
forum/viewtopic.php?f=419&t=15324&p=134 ... ms#p134787
 #143725  by James-T

That's a seriously unique Stratocaster. Prettiest body I've seen. Love the wood guard and knobs and the brass plate. Great playing too. What was the inspiration for the headstock? I'm such a traditionalist when it comes to Strats. :smile:

Peace,

James
 #143726  by hippieguy1954

James-T wrote:That's a seriously unique Stratocaster. Prettiest body I've seen. Love the wood guard and knobs and the brass plate. Great playing too. What was the inspiration for the headstock? I'm such a traditionalist when it comes to Strats. :smile:

Peace,

James
Thanks for the kind words, James! Very much appreciated :smile:

The guitar is what I call my Alligator/Wolf 2.1, because it has some aspects of Alligator (body wood and pickups) and some aspects of Wolf 2.1 (OBEL, buffer, pickups, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 12" radius, and the headstock).

Here is the thread on my Alligator/Wolf 2.1 forum/viewtopic.php?f=419&t=14686&hilit ... tor%2Fwolf
 #143730  by kurt eye

I love your wolf-a-gator. I'm toying with the idea of building a hybrid strat some day. The Warmoth website is friggin incredible in my opinion as lets you view and build custom bodies, necks, etc. My wolf-a-gator would be a solid swamp ash body with a birds-eye maple laminate top, back rout control cavity (no pick guard), David Allen Voodoos, Waldo Buffer or Blaster, OBEL, Wolf style neck and headstock with rosewood fret board with diamond shaped inlays, two piece brass bridge and tail piece, brass nut etc. Below is a picture from the Warmoth website of a swamp ash strat body with a birdseye maple laminate top.

#143733  by Searing75

Your tone and playing on eyes was very nice! You seem to have a nice little group. Now I want to go use my Wolf with the 69's, and remove that sentry monitor in my MC50!
 #143735  by hippieguy1954

Thanks, Kurt Eye! I love it too. It's my favorite guitar these days. I would like it even better if it had a set neck with 24 frets. :smile:
 #143736  by hippieguy1954

Searing75 wrote:Your tone and playing on eyes was very nice! You seem to have a nice little group. Now I want to go use my Wolf with the 69's, and remove that sentry monitor in my MC50!
Thanks for the kind words, Searing75! Very much appreciated :smile:

WE don't get together as often as we should and are hurting for KEYS. Slow, but steady progress at least.

Yea, get rid of that sentry monitor. Don't forget it is not a deal breaker unless you are playing very loud. We play very loud. Thank goodness the neighbors like the music!