#35956  by Banjomike0319

Hello all,

I just thought I would share the news, I just got my mandolin today in the mail, stopped home during lunch and there she was.

Its alot nicer than I was expecting. I got it off e-bay. Its a Johnson 300 series F-style. It came with a hard shell case and I only dropped $97.98 total.

It sounds so nice and looks even nicer.

Keep on pickin'

#35968  by shakedown_04092

Sa-weeeet!

Uh...got any pics?

#35978  by Benthegoodbum

I got a mandolin pretty recently as well...100 for the mandolin, a chord book, a method book, and a soft case. It's a beginners mandolin, but it sounds pretty nice. I've had a good time with it so far.

#36002  by mutant_dan

Hey Mike, enjoy the mandolin, they are a lot of fun...

I traded for a new (to me), mandolin back in 2006. It still is going through the breaking in process. Here are some pictures of my baby.

ImageImage

#36003  by ker1227

nice, ive played a johnson and ive played a $700 Micheal Kelley and i like the johnson better. Great sounds like you got a good deal

#36006  by jck_strw

ker1227 wrote:nice, ive played a johnson
I used to play a johnson too back in the day. Played it a lot. Given that up in recent years though. :)

#36014  by Banjomike0319

Hey all,

Thanks, mutant_danm thats a verry mice mandolin man, I really like that dark wood. I was debating on one like that and it had some really like inlay on the neck but I herd good things about the johnson I got and din't want to risk getting a bad mandolin on e-bay.

here's a pic of about the same mandolin I got - http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNSON-F-STYLE-MAN ... dZViewItem

I got a hard shell case with it, its like I bought the case and they threw in the mandolin free.

You dont get better by thinking about pickin'.

#36018  by Tennessee Jedi

Didnt go blind;did grow hairy palms,though. :lol: