#21895  by chief ten beers

I've been playing guitar, mandolin,and bass for years but I recently picked up the dobro and am finding it a very unique and expressive instrument.wondering if anyone else here has tried their hand at at or currently plays? :smile:

#21897  by mutant_dan

Hey Chief,

I don't play dobro but I do play mandolin and guitar. There are a couple other bluegrass types hanging about. I haven't seen any dobro players hanging out. Looks like you are the first.

Where do you live?

Welcome aboard.

#21906  by chief ten beers

mutant_dan wrote:Hey Chief,

I don't play dobro but I do play mandolin and guitar. There are a couple other bluegrass types hanging about. I haven't seen any dobro players hanging out. Looks like you are the first.

Where do you live?

Welcome aboard.
I live in ct.it really is surprising to me that dobro players are so rare,it's a very fun instrument to play and deserves a little more notice imo.I've been working on ripple on my dobro recently and it translates very well.

#21907  by Banjomike0319

Hey Cheif ten beers, I'm a banjo player, if your ever in Wisconsin look me up , I have a bluegrass band always looking for people to jam with.
 #21913  by shakedown_04092

chief ten beers wrote:I've been playing guitar, mandolin,and bass for years but I recently picked up the dobro and am finding it a very unique and expressive instrument.wondering if anyone else here has tried their hand at at or currently plays? :smile:
Don't play the dobro, but I love the name, man! Welcome! :cool:

#21916  by bobbybobbob

I play dorbo! Just throw that thing in some kind of open tuning and rip away!!!

#21931  by Henry

I'm not really a dobro player like the Bluegrass guys, but I have a Tricone resonator guitar, which I prefer because it sounds somewhat sweeter, and play it horizontally with a Dobro bar. Some day I'd like to get a Weissenborn though, to me that's the best sound of all. I got lots of inspiration from David Lindley.