#94000  by tastyjams

My bassist just received a used SWR 350x head and a SWR Goliath 3 cab. I'm curious to what it's like, but we don't have practice for a week. Anyone had any experience with these? Can you drop bombs with them? :D
 #94004  by Rusty the Scoob

That's fairly similar to my rig and I've had similar SWR heads and I think I even had that exact cab before I found a smoking deal on my SWR combo amp.

SWR's pro-line stuff is great... it's not the latest and greatest anymore but it still works well for me. The key to these older heads is the Aural Enhancer knob... it's just a fancy name for a sort of mid-scoop, low/boost tone shaper that really helps cut through the mix. I usually run mine at about 10-11:00 on the dial, a little less than halfway. Turn it down for a warmer more vintage sound, turn it up to cut through a mix better. (think John Kahn in the 90's)

The caveat about used bass gear is condition... we use our amps close to their full potential on an average gig, so speakers wear out faster, and you can't just drop in any old replacement with good results like you can with an open-backed guitar cab.

So assuming it's all in good shape - Yes, you can drop bombs with it!
 #94071  by tastyjams

sweet! I had to stop by his house and listen to it today, it's so nice. The whole subwave lower octave thing is so crazy. it made his whole house vibrate :D