#63398  by Counterstriker

Okay so I have a fair amount of some vintage pedals from the 80's - 1 possibly the late 70's. But that's just bragging :lol:
What I really need is help figuring out how I should wire them. I'll Name them all first,

(This is all from what I can recall because they are at my friends house)

Boss Power supply Pedal - PS-1 (Not sure if its the PS-1 but it's red!) http://www.profphillips.net/sale/index.8.jpg
Boss T-wah
Boss Super Overdrive
Boss Delay 2
Boss Compression sustainer CS-1
Boss Flanger not sure about the exact one but it's from the 80's .
Maestro Phaser (vintage) (The big ass one with the dials on each side)
Cry baby wah wah Pedal - the only modern pedal I have right now sadly.

OLD Morrley wah wah - but I don't use it.

So this is the deal, The power supply powers all the boss pedals on it's own board, but if you see the link I posted you can see that you plug both input and output wires into it. I'm going to be powering them with batteries not the boss powersupply, But my question is will they work even though the signal is going through the Boss power supply?

Sorry I know it's really confusing how I worded it but I'm not good with words. :lol:
 #63400  by RiverRat

If the PS-1 has power, it should function as just the FX loop bypass only... I'm sure it also provides ground lift for the FX loop so that you don't end up with ground loop hum.

But why have it and not use it???

Unless you own stock in a battery company, i'd say use it.
 #63401  by tigerstrat

Counterstriker wrote:Okay so I have a fair amount of some vintage pedals from the 80's - 1 possibly the late 70's. But that's just bragging :lol:
What I really need is help figuring out how I should wire them. I'll Name them all first,

(This is all from what I can recall because they are at my friends house)

Boss Power supply Pedal - PS-1 (Not sure if its the PS-1 but it's red!) http://www.profphillips.net/sale/index.8.jpg
Boss T-wah
Boss Super Overdrive
Boss Delay 2
Boss Compression sustainer CS-1
Boss Flanger not sure about the exact one but it's from the 80's .
Maestro Phaser (vintage) (The big ass one with the dials on each side)
Cry baby wah wah Pedal - the only modern pedal I have right now sadly.

OLD Morrley wah wah - but I don't use it.

So this is the deal, The power supply powers all the boss pedals on it's own board, but if you see the link I posted you can see that you plug both input and output wires into it. I'm going to be powering them with batteries not the boss powersupply, But my question is will they work even though the signal is going through the Boss power supply?

Sorry I know it's really confusing how I worded it but I'm not good with words. :lol:
If you aren't even using it as a "power supply", you should ditch the PS-1 plain and simple. Even then, in fact. Are you using it as a bypass? If you look inside, it sends your signal through quite a lot of mystifyingly unnecessary (tone-ensucting) circuitry. It's a fairly bizarre as a "power supply" product too, since there is no actual "power supply" in it- it uses a wall wart! 9V Out and ... 9V In?! What? Just remove it and use the wall wart directly.