#55768  by tigerstrat

SpaceYrface43 wrote:So your telling me if i have a guitar that doesn't look prestine that it makes me less of a musican. Wow, ok i'll take your word for it considering your a Senoir Member here. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
Thats brillant i'm leaving work early to go home and make sure all my guitars are set up perfectly and nice and shiney otherwise i just won't get the respect that real mucians get. Thanks for the advice.
It would help to know who you are addressing. There's a button called "Quote" that is very handy for this.

Anyway if you are scoffing at my comment, you obviously have never seen my banged-up ugly yellow Strat that has probably 100k miles on it and looks as if it actually has been used to pound road salt... or the rest of my ass-ugly rig for that matter. I really don't care what it looks like- I just think its kinda crazy paying hundreds of dollars MORE to try to apply cheesey fake wear and tear or that yellowing process (I don't wanna know how they do that! :shock: ) Do what you want and don't ask people's opinions if you don't wanna hear them.
 #55773  by SpaceYrface43

Tiger not intended for you although i knew you would have something interesting to say. Your always the first one up when it comes to bashing someone on this site. And yes i do like people's opionions that's why i'm on here. Thanks for updating me on the Quote option.
 #55774  by Tennessee Jedi

SpaceYrface43 wrote:So your telling me if i have a guitar that doesn't look prestine that it makes me less of a musican. Wow, ok i'll take your word for it considering your a Senoir Member here. :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
Thats brillant i'm leaving work early to go home and make sure all my guitars are set up perfectly and nice and shiney otherwise i just won't get the respect that real mucians get. Thanks for the advice.
I think you might be misunderstanding what Strum was saying - he's just saying that people should take care of their instruments - so why would someone want a pre beat one ?
He's not saying at all that you arent a real musician.
He's a guy who values his gear and treats it right ....nothing wrong with that ....
He would probably bitch slap me if he saw how mega grungy my Strat is ....
Anyway YOU should have your guitars set up properly .....
Peace Bro
 #55775  by SpaceYrface43

Point taken, i guess i looked into it a little more than i should have. Tiger,Strumm sorry about the confusion. Your input is always valued by myself and everyone else here i'm sure. :cool:
 #55779  by strumminsix

Tennessee Jedi wrote:
I think you might be misunderstanding what Strum was saying - he's just saying that people should take care of their instruments - so why would someone want a pre beat one ?
He's not saying at all that you arent a real musician.
He's a guy who values his gear and treats it right ....nothing wrong with that ....
He would probably bitch slap me if he saw how mega grungy my Strat is ....
Anyway YOU should have your guitars set up properly .....
Peace Bro
You've got it, TJ!!! I'd tease ya, bro, if I saw your strat and maybe buy you a Fender clean & polish kit for your next birthday!

I love my gear and take care of it. Personally I would hope everyone loves the gear they use and take proper care of it!

PS - a poor setup and compensating for problems can wreak havoc on a guitar over the years... Trust me....
 #55786  by tigerstrat

Whats the desired result here, SYF? What Jack O Roses stuff & mods? ... I was just responding to the overall concept of this faked antique and as always placing my own value on it, wtf (plus they MUST have more attractive examples than on that link... mygawd) but I wouldn't mind hearing what the you thought you'd like to end up with as an instrument, and chewing that over.
 #55788  by Tennessee Jedi

tigerstrat wrote:Whats the desired result here, SYF? What Jack O Roses stuff & mods? ... I was just responding to the overall concept of this faked antique and as always placing my own value on it, wtf (plus they MUST have more attractive examples than on that link... mygawd) but I wouldn't mind hearing what the you thought you'd like to end up with as an instrument, and chewing that over.
he was probably referring to the Alligator style Strat they were selling on Jack 'O Roses site a while back ....
it's not on their site anymore ....
As soon as i get my Musician up and running my Strat will get Alligatorized !
:cool:
 #55789  by NashvilleMike

8 years ago I picked up a 1972 strat for $500 at a pawn shop in Santa Fe that had been in a closet for 25 years. By far far far the best 500 bones I ever spent!! It is my main axe to this day. There are deals out there if you do the leg work. Now if only I could find a Fender twin for $500...
 #55798  by jackr

I like the worn look. But as far as bang for the buck goes a used american strat would be more to my liking.

I am waiting for the new Gibson Les Paul Mike Bloomfield signature model. The prototype was a NAMM and it is a beauty and will be coming out soon.

If anyone doesnt know Bloomfield I would highly recommend getting to know who he was. IMHO Jerry sounded a lot like him in 65 or so.
 #55803  by Chuckles

I'd like to announce Chuck's guit-axe road-wearing and relicacizing service. For $250, I'll make your guitar look every bit as decrepit as my '72 Tele. Everything from the wear from your right arm to the dings on the headstock... I've got the pro gear to get the job done.

In my shop (aka "the kitchen"), I've got a superior selection of True-Value sandpaper in a variety of grits and two rasps.

I also specialize in the chemical aging of your guitars. Included in the standard package is the option for any combination of:
  • beer
    whiskey (please specify either bourbon or scotch)
    vodka
    tequila
    pina colada or margarita mix (for the Buffet players out there)
For an extra $10 (or the going price of a pack of cigs), I will also smoke-age your wood for those of you that play in bars that outlawed smoking before you had a chance to hit the stage. Please specify regualr/menthol upon placing your order.

In addition to the standard service, I offer a premium work-up that includes your choice of bodily fluids painstakingly rubbed into the grain of the guitar. Please contact me directly for pricing, as some are more in demand than others - depending on the temperature and my wife's mood.

I also have a dog with a weak bladder and not a care in the world where he might release it... so you may be in for a surprise bonus treatment! No charge!

Consider the savings. You could get yourself an arctic white standard Strat for $500, send it to me and I'll beat the shit out of it for $250 and get it back to ya within a week (best turnaround time in the biz, I tells ya!). I'll even pick up the shipping charges. You've just saved yourself $250... and the hastle of having to actually play your instrument.

PS: order now, and I'll steal your whammy bar so you don't have to lose it!
 #55806  by Shuxter

I like to buy a guitar new and wear it out myself. My current baby is a '08 SG standard and she is super sweet.
 #55808  by NashvilleMike

Good one Chuckles...LMAO. I bet the marketing team at Fender had the same kind of laughs when they came up with the "worn" idea.
 #55811  by Emoto

Chuckles wrote:I also have a dog with a weak bladder and not a care in the world where he might release it...
LOL
 #55814  by jackr

I think the that the "Road Worn" is their cheaper versions of the fender "relics" Some of those are pretty nice.

I got my hands on a David Gilmore Relic the other day. It was pretty nice - pricey but nice nonetheless.

You can see one here:

http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.ph ... ategoryID=