#126323  by tcsned

I just picked up an interesting new pedal - the T-Rex Spindoctor. It's a two 12AX7 powered preamp/overdrive pedal and that thing is pretty sweet. First, the tone is badass. I've not used an actual tube overdrive in years and the one I had was not great. I use the T-Rex Dr Swamp OD pedal on stage, I've had it for a few years and love it. This thing has 4 channels, since it is all analog it uses motorized knobs that spin when you change settings. It's got a pretty good sounding preamp and speaker simulator so it'll work as a direct to mixer backup if the Mac decides to die. It's really editable - drive, output, bass, mid, treble, presence, - speaker sim has a level and frequency control. There's a button underneath to control for guitar amp signal level and direct to power amp/mixer level. My buddy who owns a music store had two of them and they just released a Spindoctor 2 so I got it super cheap - $300. The only downside is that it is too big to fit on my pedal board . . .
 #126691  by Ddavis510

I use a klon clone I picked up on ebay. No question its my favorite.
 #126707  by Ddavis510

https://www.facebook.com/karmaFXpedals

I got mine from this guy. I was looking for a board or a kit. This guy came in a 70GBP built and ready to go. It sounded great in the clips. I rolled the dice and paid the international shipping. Well worth it. Its not really that 'Jerry' once your into the upper end of the gain knob but what is? Its a great clean boost and low gain OD. I've used it to drive a home built tube screamer with great results.
 #127267  by NotStStephen

Recently got the Vox Ice 9 and am very happy with it. Traded a Boss OD-3 that was a good pedal but the Ice 9 has the more button, 14dbs, and that sucker comes in handy. Also it can go from vintage to modern, germanium to um...the other one. Mine stays on vintage.

Chain is-LP Studio or SG>GT 8> Ice 9>Carvin VM 100
 #127286  by strumminsix

This weekend auditioned a Maxon Distortion and Sustainer II... Holy cow, totally 80s and 90s Weir tones! I'm loving it!
 #129083  by pablomago

I'm going through a dirt box buying spree right now.

On my main pedalboard I have:
ZenDrive (With a little comp and delay, a P-90 H6 LP and a Vox AC-15, I have my perfect lead tone)
Barber Direct Drive (Had it forever, it's not going anywhere)
BBE Green Screamer (Great for lap steel)

On the "Under $50 board" that I use for jams:
Ibanez TS-5 (the cheap little "potato bug" pedal. Same guts as a TS-808)
First Act Distortion (Got it for $5.98 from Toys R Us. It's a Boss DS-1 clone, about to get a few minor mods)

On the "Go Nuts-Everything but the Kitchen Sink Board:"
'60's Jorden Boss Tone (When using a guitar with a top jack)
Ibanez TS-5 (Brand new out of the box.)
MXR Block Logo (pre Dunlop) Distortion + (May be replaced with a Maxon SD-9)
Barber Trifecta Fuzz
Ibanez Tube King USA (B.K. Butler version) I use it with the Barber like Gilmour uses a Tube Driver with his Big Muff

I'm also looking into a Chinese Rat clone.

And for years I never used a pedal at all.
 #129090  by strumminsix

pablomago wrote:I'm going through a dirt box buying spree right now.

On my main pedalboard I have:
ZenDrive (With a little comp and delay, a P-90 H6 LP and a Vox AC-15, I have my perfect lead tone)
Barber Direct Drive (Had it forever, it's not going anywhere)
BBE Green Screamer (Great for lap steel)

And for years I never used a pedal at all.
You have 2 of my favorites on the main board! Never heard the BBE before... hmmmm may have to find one used!

Similarly, I never used one either for the longest time. And now can't live without. LOL!
 #146850  by Blacklodgebob

roger mayer voodoo -1 is pretty much a klon centaur, and sounds awesome. Has a fatness control which Ive found super helpful for making my 10" mesa sound a little bigger, or dialed down, to tame my jbl k130 15's in my other rig. no mid hump. i use it with a wampler decibel boost / buffer before it and its pretty killer. worth checking out. I use mine with the gain down and slam it with the boost to make it freakout / let jimi take over etc. also adds a good bit of compression, went from doing the ts9 silver > ross thing to just using the voodoo-1 with a boost. really cool, and now I have less shit on my board.