#165779  by Belil

Hi, guys!

I either want to buy a ukulele or a guitalele. There are a couple of things here. First of all, I already have a ukulele, but it cost around 30 euros, so you could imagine it's kinda crappy. I have had quite a lot of fun with the thing, though, so I was thinking to buy a new, better one, to increase the amount of fun. On the other hand, there's the guitalele, which I recently rediscovered. I already play acoustic guitar, so the learning process won't be a reason to buy a ukulele instead of a guitalele. I also know that the guitalele's top four strings are tuned the same as the strings on a ukulele, but I think the ukulele looks better and has more 'character' than the guitalele.

The last thing I want to say is; I would like to take it with me on vacations and other occasions, just to make things cozier and stuff, so that's basically what I'm going to use it for.

My problem, then, is that I do not know any more factors that would determine which one to buy.
The funny thing is that while I'm typing all this, I can imagine it's even harder for you to recommend me, under these circumstances, what's better. So I'm going to ask you a more general question:

Which one do you prefer, and why?
 #166423  by nonpqlolzx

Hi Belil,
I had the same problem a little time ago, i play acoustic guitar for 5 years, and i decided to try smth new in music sphere. I like stringed instruments so i chose between different kinds of ukulele (soprano and concert). I found 3 soprano, 2 concert ukulele and i couldn't choose out one of them. Come on, i couldn't even choose the size of ukulele :lol:
I was advised to read one review, where are some electric ukuleles are described and compared. I'll attach it here, it helped me and i think it'll help you :D
I bought Ellen Electric Concert Ukulele with Amp for 100$ with all accessories included. I'm SO lucky duck with it, i'm as happy as my neighbors are not :lol:
Ukulele's sizes: