#115708  by guido

Just picked up this one ....... just great on every level. Really blown away by the tone I'm getting and the neck is just a pleasure. Won't be the last Godin I buy for sure......I did learn it is pronounced Go>day.

anyone else have one?
 #115709  by guido

#115712  by dleonard

I am a Godin player (Seagull acoustic). I have heard Go-Day, Go-Dan, and even Go-Dang...who knows with the French Canadien accent.
 #139861  by BillyAElzy

its comfort able, and enjoy able instrument :lol: pickup, already i have an.
 #139863  by Aaron1229

It should be a nasal 'n' sound in French. The 'in' should sound a bit like an old man who's hard of hearing: Eh? Another way of saying this would be that it rhymes with the more well known sculptor Rodin. I've heard the seagulls are pretty much the best in their price range. Hows the neck shape and scale length compare to other guitars?
 #156604  by seniorpesca

I have a godin Montreal in my collection. This thread inspired me to bust it out today and play some jazz
 #156619  by Jon S.

Godins are great guitars that often fly below the radar. I love my LGX-SA that I bought new in 1999 (since switching out the original flatter wider neck with a current, and I think better, Godin LGX neck). I don't use the synth access capabilities but often use the piezo PUP. The on-board active LR Baags system is awesome. Here's a clip of me performing an original song that highlights the guitar's fine acoustic tones (starting at 0.28).