#98172  by Pete B.

So I stopped into a local music store and saw a ESP LTD EC-256-AHB guitar and liked it.
I had picked up a Les Paul style tail-piece with fine-tuners (on a whim because it was a good price) a few weeks ago, and have had a Les Paul style axe in mind for a while now (I played one for at least 20 years starting with a high-school Allman Bros bug, but have been between Les Pauls for about 10 years).
Anyway... this axe is $399 brand new (made in China), but just by chance there was a like-new one on Craigslist, so I checked it out and picked it up for $200 yesterday.
It's a lighter version of a Les (feels good around my neck), has only 3-knobs... Individual Volume for each pickup, and a master-tone knob that pulls-up for split coil (Epiphone LP's don't have this feature).
I like it alot! I am putting the fine tuner tailpice on it, and it turns out "Earvana" makes a drop-in Earvana 42mm nut specifically for ESP/LTD guitars, so I am going to order one of those (ESP/LTD's next higher models in price all come with Earvana Nuts).
Ah my fingers like 24.75 scale. I love the Split-Coil tone. It plays great for an inexpensive Les Paul copy.
I like the neck alot. Big frets. And it looks Cooool Maaaaaan (it matches my Strat, kinda).
Mahogony Body with Flame Maple cap. The guitar is all Satin finish.
AHB = Aged Honey Burst
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-d ... 256fm.html
 #98179  by Rusty the Scoob

Nice! ESP/LTD seems to be putting out a lot of quality for the price. I have a backup/beater 5-string from them that I really like... neck-through, made in indonesia, plays and sounds great. Looks like it has the same photo-flame finish too. Nice looking LP! :cool:
 #98209  by Pete B.

Here'tis, next to my MIM Strat.
I'm a fan of that HoneyBurst Flame stuff! (I woulda went a little easier on the "relicing" wear marks m'self, although I like the appointments by the knobs.)
They look better together in person.
The other thing this guitar has is a cutout in the back of the cutaway that lets your hand fit in there a little easier... I can rip yer basic descending Mixo/Dorian/Ionian stuff pretty comfortably from the 22nd fret highest D note, on the high E-string, starting with my pinky (the Srat only has 21 frets).
 #98249  by vwjodyme

I love the Look of those :cool:
I was seriously considering a ec400 or the 1000 before i got the carvin.
I tried one out at GC and it was sooo comfortable...the frets are HUGE