#57299  by frankielee

Mister Charlie wrote:I've been to plenty of DSO shows that I thought were better than some of my Grateful Dead shows. These guys are almost always on their game, amazingly talented, and available in small venues.

My two favorite Grateful Dead shows: 1985 Red Rocks and 1989 Bobby's birthday at Brendan Byrne Arena.

My third favorite was DSO as Vasa Park in NJ this past summer. Amazing playing and set list. One of my happiest days ever. New Years 2008 in Baltimore was magical.

The Philharmonic is a cover band. No cover band, no Mozart. We are lucky to have DSO and other cover bands like Splintered Sunlight keeping the music alive. Remembering Jerry, to paraprhrase the Bard (Hamlet), is literaly putting members of a band together to play the music.

I've said it elsewhere on this forum, to some criticism, that DSO is much better than that band that showed up at the Obama benefit. I love Bobby, Phil, Mickey, and Bill, but that show sounded horrible. I respectfully say, If you want to hear the Grateful Dead live, GO to DSO. :hail:
It is not possible to see The Grateful Dead live. What DSO does they do well. But when I hear people say."If you close your eyes you would swear it was the Real thing..." No way. I have seen DSO a time or two and enjoyed them for performing Grateful Dead music very well.
 #57300  by Billbbill

GratefulPat wrote:both of the first two nights were amazing. 2/3/79 and 3/29/87, gettin to the vic in chicago was so bad tho, torrential downpour and parked like 2 miles away in the freezign cold, now i am really sick but it was all worth it. :cool:
Hey Pat,
I was at the vic as well. Had a good time. 2nd time I've seen them and they were on both times. They had the house rockin pretty good. I was up in the rob eaton side balcony boppin away.

bill
 #57310  by GratefulPat

wish i woulda know ahead time, coulda met up... but ya it was rocking like always, that was about my 50th dso show.. love them
 #156315  by paulinnc

Went and saw DSO the other night in Raleigh. They were awesome!!! I had a way better time than the last show I saw in Richmond a few months ago. In fact I left the Richmond show mid 2nd set because I was so bored, I just couldn't get into it that night. I'm looking forward to seeing DSO again next weekend in Wilmington. they are playing really well and sound particularly great right now. So go see them if get a chance.