#128429  by gr8fulbluz

NSP wrote:
RiverRat wrote:Boston Bruins organist Ron Poster played Shakedown during the Bruins home game on 4/20/13 against the Penguins.
Nice! Two of my favorite things; hockey and the Dead :thewave:

Mee Toooo!

I just recently saw a re-run of WKRP in Cincinnati. Steal Your Face album cover right there in the beginning. The episode when Les was in the plane flying around with the crazy pilot looking for traffic.
So not hearing but see-ing, GD.
:peas:
 #129823  by Pete B.

At the Molalla, Oregon Rodeo...
When they pull the Shoot open and the Bull comes flyin' outta there, they usually have a 10 second clip of something like "Welcome To The Jungle" or "You Shook Me All Night Long", but sure enough... the Bull comes out, and it's the Jerry intro to "Truckin'"!... which fades out as soon as the first words are sung.
I'm looking over at the sea of "Hats" behind the shoots thinkin'... there's a DeadHead in there somewhere.
Nice!
:smile:
 #130263  by MourningDew

Ok, someone has probably already said this, but I've heard Grateful Dead at Starbucks a few times, Friend of the Devil and Sugar Magnolia. It made me feel weird, especially because one of the times I was wearing a Jerry Garcia shirt, too coincidental or something.
 #130900  by TI4-1009

We were listening to Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me! on NPR this morning- part of the Saturday morning ritual that includes Car Talk. One of the correct answers had to do with the book Fifty Shades of Grey, and how people had gotten themselves into embarrassing situations with handcuffs, etc. and the police or fire dept. had to get them out of it. The lead-out music following the segment was "Touch of Grey". :-)
 #130906  by Mr.Burns

When I used to work every Saturday Car Talk was an essential part of the day. It's the only place to hear mechanically-challenged folks approximate the noises their car makes on the radio.

Sorry for the interruption.
 #132849  by tigerstrat

CountryMile Cadillac wrote:... was that a Steal Your Face Jolly Roger flag in the crowd at the Pirates game tonight.. or my mind playing tricks on me...
I totally saw that! Jolly Roger on one side, stealie on the other. But I thought it was a flag mounted on the scoreboard; was someone in the stands waving it?
 #132859  by stonedead78

Recently I was in Cusco Peru. After a long day hiking around the ruins we stopped at a bar for a cerveza (beer). I walked up to the bar and the bartender asked what I wanted, but something was off. I just looked at him and then just smiled as I realized the Eyes from W/Out a Net was playing...He just laughed and pointed to a picture of Jerry behind the bar - first round was on the house!
 #153673  by CountryMile Cadillac

I just heard The line.. 'Sleeping' and perchance to dream' while watching the show Todd Margret.. he was watching tv when the line was uttered. But he was in england, may have been quoting the original
 #153677  by ebick

I watched the most recent episode of Major Crimes.....Lt Provenza, while working a murder at the Greek Theater in LA was talking about the last time he had worked there. Something along the lines of, "a bunch of hippies, the worst music I ever heard, and the patchouli oil"

:lol: