#172907  by Gratefuldrifter65

Hey there deadheads ,i had trippy dream the other night ,iwas kidnapped by some Russian commie scum,they tied me up pretty good and sumone from there commie gang said what are all these records you have,i said dont touch them mother fu##er ,the bastard just snaping them,mother same word ,stop it.This was a nightmare man,and all of asunder i was in a little farm house,dont know where?But in front of me was a table with all my records sum broken,and sum guy put a double barrel side by side to my head,he said your going to die,any record you would like to listen to before you die,i said fu#k yaself ,play aoxomoxoa st Stephen was going on and then bang i woke up.Bad trippy dream man it felt real.If such a thing did happen to you what record would you tell the scum to put on for you?Has to be a studio record.And we cant turn into rambo and find a way out and killem all.Pretty simple what record would you play before you die.Just had to tell you about that bad trip dream.Peace,love and respect to all of you take care.Im gonna have a drink.
 #172918  by FromWichita

What a dream! Have you interpreted it? I think "St. Stephen", being the first Christian martyr (which word comes from a Greek legal term meaning "witness") who was stoned to death, could be something to analyze... Feel free to hit me up for a session or two!

That being said, my choice would, without hesitation be Blues for Allah

Apparently, the Russians in the scenario understand English. So, after experiencing Help on the Way -> Slipknot! -> Franklins' Tower, King Solomon's Marbles, The Music Never Stopped, Crazy Fingers and Sage & Spirit, I would hope they would be primed for the solemn and majestic title track!
They may be caught off-guard by the tune's departure from what preceded it, and possibly hypnotized by the harmonies... And if they grok the epic lyrics.... they may untie me and embrace me.

BLUES FOR ALLAH

Arabian wind
The Needle's Eye is thin
The Ships of State sail on mirage
But drown in sand

In No-Man's Land
Where ALLAH does command
What good is spilling
Blood? It will not
Grow a thing

"Taste Eternity"
The swords sing
Blues for ALLAH
In'sh'ALLAH

They lie where they fall
There's nothing more to say
The desert stars are bright tonight,
Let's meet as friends

The flower of Islam
The fruit of Abraham
The thousand stories have
Come round to one again

Arabian Night
Our gods pursue their fight
What fatal flowers of
Darkness bloom from
Seeds of light

Bird of Paradise - Fly
In white sky
Blues for ALLAH
In'sh'ALLAH

Let's see with our heart
These things our eyes have seen
And know the truth will still lie
Somewhere in between
Gratefuldrifter65 liked this
 #172929  by Gratefuldrifter65

Thankyou kindly for your reply friend,now you got me thinking deeper man,could be any crazy thing in my head with not many brain cells left.But yeah i have sum out of it dreams,good and bad,and sum from my past evil shit,the doc said i have pts,cant really talk about it bro,i use to be with a biker gang here in nz,bad people seen to much bad things.Anyway fu#k them scum.I just love Aoxomoxoa ,love st Stephen,true story love jamming to it with my SG.And love jelly roll,who doesn't haha.Got the dopest record cover.The most psychedelic record i reckon,and anthem of the sun love the early stuff so much bro.Blues for allah is a dope record i here ya man.F#ck this was just a crazy crazy dream man.Thank you for sharing though brother,respect.
FromWichita liked this
 #173361  by Gratefuldrifter65

Awesome 1969 love it to,love the first for records,young having fun and there first record i can here them better when im speeding,i have prescription,so lawman leave me alone.Respect brother.