#169841  by Jon S.

My son is on the left, I'm holding the guitar, my daughter's on the right, and to the bottom right is my dear departed cat.

lbpesq liked this
 #169849  by Jon S.

I asked her that. She's not sure. But my son already has a beard. That puts him in 11th or 12th grade which would make my daughter 19 or 20.
 #169873  by lbpesq

IIRC, I attended 10 of the 15 Warfield shows. I really love Reckoning, the acoustic album that came out of the shows. My favorite live Dead album is still Live/Dead, the album that initially turned me on to the band. I also love Europe ‘72, but it is only partially live with the vocals done in the studio. One live album that I believe is under appreciated is Without a Net.

Bill, tgo
wabisabied liked this
 #169877  by wabisabied

lbpesq wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:46 am IIRC, I attended 10 of the 15 Warfield shows. I really love Reckoning, the acoustic album that came out of the shows. My favorite live Dead album is still Live/Dead, the album that initially turned me on to the band. I also love Europe ‘72, but it is only partially live with the vocals done in the studio. One live album that I believe is under appreciated is Without a Net.

Bill, tgo
You know, I was pretty sure he was talking about Dead Set, but maybe he meant Reckoning? They both came out before this interview in ’81. Maybe he was being ambiguous about them both. I don’t know, if I get confused I guess I know what to do (same as what Jerry would do?)

I agree Without a Net is fantastic and under appreciated. Those were my days in the crowd. And I love Live/Dead, it's always felt sort of like a psychedelic symphony to me. Like the band declaring that rock & roll is legitimate music with historical significance. It’s an album I always play all the way through.
 #169878  by Jon S.

When I'm in the mood to just relax with guitar in hand, Without A Net are the CDs I'll jam along with most often.