#169615  by LazyLightning72

Hi folks,

My wife and I are finally about to buy a new record player( our Christmas present to each other, little late I know ), and want to start building an album collection.

It’s been a very long time since I bought vinyl, and really have no idea where to look online. I’m looking for new reissues primarily, though if the condition and price are right would consider used.

I don’t know why, but all the Dead albums I’ve found on places like Amazon seem sketchy. I honestly don’t know what it is about them, maybe I’m just paranoid of shady sellers.

Anyhow,
Just curious if any of you have some suggestions, on where to look for them? I’ve found a few on Barnes And Nobles, but other than that I’m drawing a blank.

Appreciate any help
 #169616  by Gr8fulCadi

I’ve purchased many albums online from Discogs. They have a rating system similar to Reverb or eBay for the sellers. Also the album rating system is pretty straightforward and has been accurate for me. Mint, very good, good etc. I’ve bought Dead albums and also a lot of Jazz and everything in between. Good luck!!

Also, records are priced according to the condition they are in but more importantly the serial number on the album. For example, the serial number will tell you if it was a 1st press release, remastered or released here in the states or overseas etc.

Just realized you’d prefer new, but their Mint albums are basically new if that helps
Last edited by Gr8fulCadi on Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #169620  by Gr8fulCadi

Also, try Music Direct. They sell only new but is a HiFi equipment distributor as well as music. Great place to do business with.....

No affiliation with any recommendations above
LazyLightning72 liked this