#167254  by TI4-1009

I caught part of the Big Steve Hour on Sirius while I was out on my bi-monthly Covid shop today. Two interesting things:

- Steve said that in the early days Jerry didn't use any pedals and the first pedal that he bought for Jerry at their go-to music store in SF was a "Jimi Hendrix Foxy Lady wah pedal". I'm thinking that he was talking about the Colorsound and that the "Jimi Hendrix Foxy Lady" part was descriptive and not a model? At least any model that I've ever heard of.

- He was talking about Jerry playing in the clubs around the Bay Area. He said that Jerry was a playing junky (as we know) and that he'd (Jerry) get there as early as he could and play around with whatever equipment was there (I'm assuming he meant that he (Steve) would schlep Jerry's rig to the club, but Jerry would be there already and playing around with whomever and whatever was there.) He said the point was that Jerry would sound just like Jerry no matter what he was playing or playing through. His style and technique (i.e.: hands) shone through whatever equipment he was using.

- He also was talking about the early days of Alembic and Irwin working there. He talked about the properties of some of the woods like purpleheart and cocobolo and the first guitar Irwin built for Jerry (Eagle). He said that after that there was Wolf and Tiger, but "there will be a whole show devoted to those". I don't want to miss that one!
NeilG1 liked this