#161542  by Jon S.

Featuring the July 7, 1989 show. I was at the July 12 and 13 shows for this tour at RFK Stadium - hot but fun! :D

P.S. to fellow DMV'ers: I go every year with a small gaggle of friends. We go to the Cinemark Fairfax Corner 14 + XD for the reclining bucket seats and great sound. If you'd like to join me for this show, send me a PM.

#161543  by TI4-1009

I was at the JFK show! I had just moved down to Lancaster PA from upstate NY to take a job transfer. Four days later caught Dylan at City Island in Harrisburg.
 #161547  by FrettyBoy

I hope the mix is better this year.

Last year, at least at the theater I was at, had Weir dominant in the mix and Jerry much lower. It was frustrating. I immediately formulated a conspiracy theory that they were rewriting history to reflect the current Dead & Co model. You NEVER had to lean in to hear Jerry!

Perhaps the tape was not multitrack and it reflected the board mix favoring Weir due to Jerry's onstage volume.....maybe.

Back to my bunker.
 #161548  by TI4-1009

No , you're on to something. Just like the Beatles channel on Sirius- Paul's bass is way up in the mix now (adjusts tinfoil hat). :-)
FrettyBoy liked this