#160007  by Helponway

Hello Dead Community! Can everyone post known shows where bob is very loud in the mix, esp early Dead.. ie 69-74. Trying to cop some licks to fill out my weir playing and it’s frustrating to figure out his beautiful fills when I can’t hear him very well over jerry or Phil

Thanks
Love and light to all
 #160010  by gratefulredhead

I just sent 11/10/73 and 11/11/73 to the Bobby player in my band because he's hot in the mix, and panned way over to the left. It was also officially released as Winterland 73 boxset.

Bob is clear as a bell and they are great shows. It's a good one for hearing Keith as well, because he's panned to the opposite side and Jerry is in the center but kind of quiet. I hope it helps!
 #160012  by Helponway

It does! Thank you so very much! I esp love 73, couldn’t be more perfect. I’ll grab them off archive when I’m off work
 #160015  by rugger

The new Dave's Picks Vol. 25 from 11/6/77 has Bob mixed fairly high. It's a beautiful sounding recording btw, if you haven't heard it yet I recommend.

john in san diego
 #160061  by nuthatchwinters

hat tip to those who want to take on bobbys style. absolutely 100 percent unique and by no means easy to duplicate, if done right.
 #160062  by dleonard

Europe 72 and it’s related Vol. 2, Hundred Year Hall, etc. all feature Weir prominently. I love that clean Gibson sound for rhythm guitar.