#154362  by playingdead

For a blast from the past, listen to the Cold Rain and Snow from New Haven 4-22-83 ... Lesh was going NUTS with Phil bombs all the way through it. He hits one at the end of the first verse and the whole building shook, crowd went nuts and he just kept pouring them on. Seriously, he hits like 20 of them. I don't think a board exists but the audience is cool.

#154363  by TeeJay

Laptop speakers can not handle the bombs.
 #154364  by Lephty

So weird how he likes to drop those bombs in odd places...a "normal" bass player would drop it on the 1, and Phil be like, "I'm gonna drop it right here on the "and" of 3." I bet someone in the crowd twisted an ankle.
 #154379  by strumminsix

MattMan wrote:
Lephty, really dig your website
LEPHTY! Your site is great! In 5 short minutes not only did a learn a few things but a few things that I didn't understand became so clear (extending chords and dropping the 5 then 1. brilliant!)
 #154380  by HeadSpace

Amen. I have been a subscriber to his site for years. Great stuff...lessons, jam tracks, etc. Highly recommend. Too bad I only discovered him after I moved back east from Boulder. Else, I'd have been driving up into the mountains for in-person lessons.
 #154396  by Lephty

Aww shucks, thanks gentlemen. I am actually in the middle of a major update of my site that's going to be more mobile-friendly and more Dead and Phish-oriented. I will make it known here on this board when I go live w/ the update.

Donations always appreciated--PayPal changed their code at some point so the links on my site are broken, but the address is paul@highcountryguitar.com. I'll get that fixed too...

P.S. I'm writing this on the plane home from Vegas this weekend, just saw 4 nights of Phish, culminating in a mind-blowing cover of The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust...speechless.